• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Brief escape.

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Just a brief foray into the woods at the back of my home. A change of scene and a chance to enjoy the sounds of the woods

Quite a few edibles have appeared since I was last out.
Jack by the Hedge, although with the Ramsons still in full growth, Jack's garlic taste definitely comes second in the taste race...
DSCF6056.jpg

Not edible but beautiful when in full flower in the sunlight, the Yellow Flags or Wild Irises brighten up the Reed Beds.
DSCF6071.jpg

This Tree has bowed over and re-rooted at the crown forming a natural arch. It's branches still grow upright. Every time I pass it I think it would make a fine, if rather thick, Ridge line. Just throw a tarp over it for instant shelter.
DSCF6059.jpg

Mmm! Just the one by nature or have the Pike in the lake been busy?
DSCF6063.jpg

Tea time, ham and egg sandwich and serenaded by Wood Pigeon, Black Bird, Chiff Chaff and in the distance a busy wood pecker.
DSCF6067.jpg

The Bracken grows almost as if it's in invisible flower pots..
DSCF6069.jpg

DSCF6068.jpg

Crossing the lake on the way home the rest of the fluffy destroyer squadron appear....at speed.....:D
DSCF6072.jpg

Mother duck keeps a wary eye on the brood. If they fall off the Cill they end up down in the Reed Bed. Survivable but the Heron, Fox and Otter hunt there, so no place for a tastey Duckling!!
DSCF6074.jpg

DSCF6075.jpg

Home now. Keep safe folks...:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSCF6056.jpg
    DSCF6056.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF6075.jpg
    DSCF6075.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF6071.jpg
    DSCF6071.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF6059.jpg
    DSCF6059.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF6063.jpg
    DSCF6063.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF6067.jpg
    DSCF6067.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF6069.jpg
    DSCF6069.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF6068.jpg
    DSCF6068.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF6072.jpg
    DSCF6072.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF6074.jpg
    DSCF6074.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 14
Lovely Sax. Had a bit of an escape myself today. Me and the boy went to the allotment for an hour or so to clean out the shed/greenhouse/summerhouse thing.

Some cracking phots Sax, thanks for sharing.

Just a brief foray into the woods at the back of my home. A change of scene and a chance to enjoy the sounds of the woods

Quite a few edibles have appeared since I was last out.
Jack by the Hedge, although with the Ramsons still in full growth, Jack's garlic taste definitely comes second in the taste race...
DSCF6056.jpg

Not edible but beautiful when in full flower in the sunlight, the Yellow Flags or Wild Irises brighten up the Reed Beds.
DSCF6071.jpg

This Tree has bowed over and re-rooted at the crown forming a natural arch. It's branches still grow upright. Every time I pass it I think it would make a fine, if rather thick, Ridge line. Just throw a tarp over it for instant shelter.
DSCF6059.jpg

Mmm! Just the one by nature or have the Pike in the lake been busy?
DSCF6063.jpg

Tea time, ham and egg sandwich and serenaded by Wood Pigeon, Black Bird, Chiff Chaff and in the distance a busy wood pecker.
DSCF6067.jpg

The Bracken grows almost as if it's in invisible flower pots..
DSCF6069.jpg

DSCF6068.jpg

Crossing the lake on the way home the rest of the fluffy destroyer squadron appear....at speed.....:D
DSCF6072.jpg

Mother duck keeps a wary eye on the brood. If they fall off the Cill they end up down in the Reed Bed. Survivable but the Heron, Fox and Otter hunt there, so no place for a tastey Duckling!!
DSCF6074.jpg

DSCF6075.jpg

Home now. Keep safe folks...:thumbsup:
Beautiful photos mate, I love this time of year when the country side is coming alive

Reactions: Bam
Back