• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

british army hot/cold 18 litre food container

gavin

Quite Addicted
picked this up from my local army surplus store the other day. Been after one for some time now they are getting hard to get hold of some sites are selling them for £70 for just the container. I managed to get the whole lot for £25 in good nick
20180715_113747.jpg

picked this up from my local army surplus store the other day. Been after one for some time now they are getting hard to get hold of some sites are selling them for £70 for just the container. I managed to get the whole lot for £25 in good nick View attachment 14417
Nice find Gav

These 'Norgie' boxes are a great bit of kit. I freeze down 2 1.5 litre bottles of water which I put in the box just as I'm about to fill it for a trip.

For those here who've not used them :-

The frozen water really helps.

Pack as much of your food frozen as you can, split frozen sausages/meat into plastic bags due to the portion control you need.

Only open the box when you have to, every time you open it your flooding it with warm air.

Great bit of kit, enjoy using it.

Haven’t seen one before. But very nice and looks big enough :thumbsup:

ive been using 1 for year,s :cool:....when i was in the service and we were out on exercise we had hot tea delivered to us in them :whistle:....

i use mine as a cool box ....3 x 4 pint milk containers frozen in the bottom and then all my fresh meat/ frozen food stored on top ....works great and keep,s the food chilled for days :)....the bonus is when the water defrost,s you have plenty of clean fresh water to drink as well :thumbsup:

ive been using 1 for year,s :cool:....when i was in the service and we were out on exercise we had hot tea delivered to us in them :whistle:....

i use mine as a cool box ....3 x 4 pint milk containers frozen in the bottom and then all my fresh meat/ frozen food stored on top ....works great and keep,s the food chilled for days :)....the bonus is when the water defrost,s you have plenty of clean fresh water to drink as well :thumbsup:

Will look into it more mate. Have pondered over getting a larger cool box. This one would be ideal :thumbsup:

hi ark that link on eBay is not for the container it's only for the rubber seal for the lid. I did see this one when I was shopping around and got all excited until I looked at the description :thumbsup:

Hi gav. Noticed that after posting mate lol. Nice piece of gear anyway. They seem to be like gold dust tho

Back