• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

BRITISH ARMY MODULAR SLEEP SYSTEM

The lightweight bag arrived this morning, I've got smaller and lighter 'light weight' bags but it looks toastier than the rest. Should have the bigger bag arriving over the next day or two, so hope to get out and have a play soon. :) Went for the large size as although I'm 6' and could get away with the smaller one height wise, my dinning choices suggest the extra width of the larger bags might be the way ahead. :oopsy:

Reviews to follow....

I didn't use mine at the weekend ( used snugpak cocoon instead ) will post a few pictures later this afternoon …..

Reactions: Bam
Current issue modular sleeping system , comprises :
Lightweight sleeping bag liner (medium)
Lightweight sleeping bag (medium)
Medium weight sleeping bag (large)

Lightweight bag has built in Mossi net .

Both bags have internal pockets and zip repair kits .

Packs into two compression bags if you leave the liner in the medium weight bag.

Not light or packable really but robust and adaptable.

Lightweight bag has offset zipper and zips round food box to create a blanket .

Medium weight bag has central zipper.

8FA000B6-B179-46CB-A07B-7EB2F0A4FE47.jpeg
3742D3CF-4EF0-40CB-93D7-333CC4C0995F.jpeg
8CE0ED1B-C850-46A2-8A11-09B4753B58C7.jpeg

That's the bigger bag arrived, its quite a weight although you can squeeze it down a bit size wise. The 2 bags together will be quite bulky (as per Rob's phot above) although I doubt I'll use both together. My current civvy real cold weather bag will defo be less than the pair of them both weight and bulk wise and will remain my 'go to' when I'm out in the really cold stuff. I use my softie suit as part of my sleep kit too so its another 'mix and match' option.

I'll try and get out soon to test out both bags, had a hankering to get away this weekend but I have a shed base to build pretty soon too so need to be a bit clever with things. I'll let you know how I go when I do get away.

I have this set up ….

Liner - cant get along with find it restrictive inside the bag with it fitted and a faff if I'm honest ….
Lightweight bag is great for summer , mossi net is great
Intermediate bag is excellent , very comfortable and warm , hard wearing as you would expect , hood is a great idea , leaves you just a little blow hole when fully closed …..
Not had opportunity to use them all together , Might have a try out this weekend as Al and I have managed to get a pass out ……..
Did you get out to try the bag? (My trip was cancelled)

I used my midweight bag at the weekend Lol, it was roomy and toasty and the internal mesh pockets are handy for stuff you want to keep warm like phones and power banks (and potentially water filters). I was able to squeeze it down quite well but it was a bit awkward to squeeze into my rucksack but that might be me at fault. Sorry, no phots as it was raining when I left so didn't hang about. Will look to take the lightweight bag out when I get a chance next.

Good to hear............ I have found the lightweight very nice in the summer, but not used the mid weight yet. I can just get both into a BA Arctic compression bag.......then lean on it the hard!! So I don't see too much of a problem with it on it's own?

Mid weight (outer bag)....used mine last night on boat minus........... 2/3C
...and perfectly warm and snug, just t shirt and knicks, simple liner (not the specific one for it).
We'll ignore the fact that I slept in it inside out.....it was cramped in the cabin:(?

Mid weight (outer bag)....used mine last night on boat minus........... 2/3C
...and perfectly warm and snug, just t shirt and knicks, simple liner (not the specific one for it).
We'll ignore the fact that I slept in it inside out.....it was cramped in the cabin:(?

I tried mine when it was 'temperate' too, will give it a few more test runs when I can, we're not locked down here. Yet...

Planning on being a good husband this weekend but hopefully next weekend I can sneak off and see my mistress, the woods. :lol:

I tried mine when it was 'temperate' too, will give it a few more test runs when I can, we're not locked down here. Yet...

Planning on being a good husband this weekend but hopefully next weekend I can sneak off and see my mistress, the woods. :lol:
minus 2 or 3 is not temperate in my book! (Or is that me?) :D

Back