• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

British Army Surplus Stuff

That daysack is smaller than the NI patrol sack and was issued effectively as the hand luggage to go with the large black deployment bag.

Aye, smaller than the NI pack, didn't know it came with the deployment bags, got a couple of them too, handy for filling up and throwing in the back of the car.

I would be very interested in the weight of that small rucksack.

It seems to be an option for children as well as for ultra light stealth camping tours.

Sorry mate, we have pretty crap scales and in all honesty, I can't be arsed faffing about weighing a rucksack. Smurf is popping round in a bit to pick me up, we're off for an overnighter so packing my bag and making myself beautiful. ;)

Is this here British or Dutch?

WP_20190327_15_33_58_Pro.jpg

No idea, I've been out when its freezing and been warm enough. If I think its going to be a really cold night I'll take a bigger bag (either 3 or 4 season) and decide if I'll sleep in the suit as well.

Here's a picture of a lucky lady absolutely delighted with her 'present' of one a few years back.

View attachment 16648

Your lovely lady looks well impressed bamšŸ˜‰

Did you run after taking the photo :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
Your lovely lady looks well impressed bamšŸ˜‰

Did you run after taking the photo :lol:

Oh aye, she's still grateful to this day. :lol:
She had a chance of some freebie combat boots which she 'poo-pooed' only to regret it a few years back. She's a strange one..... :lol:

I finally retired an old army mess tin that I've had since my Girl Guide days last year. That thing has seen some cooking over the years and latterly was stationed at my old allotment to cook and heat water for a cuppa. It's still in the kit box, but has now been replaced with a Trangia mess tin. Once I get a new allotment, I might bring it out of retirement as the Trangia is full of day out stuff.

Back