• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sorted BSA Meteor bits (.22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Quite Obsessed
I used to have a knackered old BSA Meteor that was working (if you can call it that) until I took the spring out to restore one for a mate.

Now I have the gun minus the spring and a little bit of plastic inside the stock which keeps the cocking linkage in place (easily replaced).

This is by no means in mint condition but with a little bit of work you could have a working air rifle and it was pretty accurate when it was working.

Only on offer to someone who really needs it, either for spares or repair. I don't want to think of it languishing in someone's cupboard for years just because they wanted another air rifle for their collection or someone thinking they can make a quick buck from the spare parts:rolleyes:

Pay a little towards postage and it is yours, lets call it £5 cash sent in a card to me, I expect the postage will be a bit more than that but I don't mind covering it.

Here's some pictures, the front sight is broken but it does come with a rear sight.

Attachments

• Abigail (first day of pre-school) 006.jpg
    Abigail (first day of pre-school) 006.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Abigail (first day of pre-school) 007.jpg
    Abigail (first day of pre-school) 007.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Abigail (first day of pre-school) 008.jpg
    Abigail (first day of pre-school) 008.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 29
Sorry about the pictures but I am in a rush and the morning sun is shining through the blind:eek:

Broken Ox spring not included:D

id have it lol would be fun to try and rebuild it but im not sure i would know how lol

Last edited:
Not the easiest gun to rebuild actually. You NEED a spring compressor to get it all together and then there is the trigger rebuild. I swear I did it exactly the same way about twenty times or more on the last one I did and there was a lot of swearing going on:eek:, then I did it one more time and hey presto, it worked. I'm bloody sure I did everything the same but it just suddenly worked:confused:
Very infuriating!

If anyone wanted to send me the right spring I would rebuild it for them and send it on but really it is just a plinker, nice bit of fun and ideal for a younger shooter. It was capable of taking rabbits in the past and possibly still is but there are much more suitable guns on the market. Also it may need a new breech seal and if it was going to be done properly a piston seal but it would work with just a spring in it.

If anyone is interested let me know.

hi ian is the bsa still for offer my daughter wants to give shooting a try but my super 10 is to heavy and so is the hw 85 just need some thing light and small for her to have a go at dont want to buy a new gun just in case she dont take to it
many thx

hi ian is the bsa still for offer my daughter wants to give shooting a try but my super 10 is to heavy and so is the hw 85 just need some thing light and small for her to have a go at dont want to buy a new gun just in case she dont take to it
many thx
Yes mate but don't forget you will need to rebuild it, unless you want to send me the bits.
Let me know what you think.

ok thx can you pm me your address so i can send you a nice card many thx
i have some old springs some were in the shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back