• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bush tuckerman

I have some VHS and videos of him from my Aussie niece. Good old Les he was one of the last few real bush tucker men.

I always thought he was a tv presenter that knew his stuff, he’s an army major who’s job is to document and look after wild edibles, possibly documenting new edibles or tucker lol, also didn’t know that parts of Australia are band to people unless you have a special permit to enter.... watched all these when I was young but obviously didn’t pay attention as all that information was stated in the first 10 minutes of episode 1 😂😂

4 bloody tv’s in this house and I’m reduced to an iPad to watch bush tucker 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️😂
90DCEADC-5784-413B-A58C-340BF28524E1.jpeg

There was another chap from Australia, small dumpy lad with a beard ... walked about bare foot...... used to watch hi also but for the life of me I can’t remember his name

I always thought he was a tv presenter that knew his stuff, he’s an army major who’s job is to document and look after wild edibles, possibly documenting new edibles or tucker lol, also didn’t know that parts of Australia are band to people unless you have a special permit to enter.... watched all these when I was young but obviously didn’t pay attention as all that information was stated in the first 10 minutes of episode 1 😂😂
Yep you cant travel up into Van Diemens land without a very special permit but for the time being lets put all of that to one side.
These people are first and foremost television presenters with huge teams behind them, Bear Grylls for example never goes without a full medical back up team and another team of ex royal marine mountain experts
Like Bear Grylls Ray Mears goes with a full compliment of everybody and everything
None of these experts including Les Stroud and Cody Lundine go anywhere without a full GPS tracking system
No lads as good as they look on their TV shows in reality I doubt any off them have any more knowledge than you do

You are in a cheery mood today Joe!
Morning Dick. and no just stating facts. Lets take the little clips that Paul (Gizmo) produces, now stick a fully qualified film crew and a director behind the camera and see what the end result is

Back