• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bush Uber?

Gulfalan67

Very Addicted
Last night I felt a bit unwell. Cracking headache and spewed while The Boy and I were on evening patrol. Might have overworked a bit during the day. So was looking forward to a restful night ( last night).

My wife had a social engagement. The district Ladies book club, convened at a neighbouring property about 30 minutes drive away. I suggested she take one of the LandRovers because of the rain we’ve been having and status of the tracks, but she insisted on going in her flashy new SUV with its patent ‘Terrain Dominator’ software 🤔

Us boys settled in for a quiet evening, but soon after the literary critic had arrived at her destination the heavens opened and it rained consistently for four hours -dropping nearly 100mm.

The Boy and I were both nodding off when the summons came. She didn’t fancy her chances with Terrain Dominator when confronted with deep fast flowing water across some sections and deep mud everywhere. She went back to the neighbours and radioed me at about midnight. It was still pouring outside.

Still nursing a headache The Boy and I did a bush Uber run in the 130 to exfiltrate her from her sorrows. She said she wanted to sleep in her own bed last night, not with her neighbours. We all got home in the pouring rain at 1.45am.

Her Terrain Dominator is parked safely at our neighbours place awaiting collection. 🤣

Feeling a bit ragged today, but The Boy and I scored brownie points from our Uber duties. She has promised to bake us something. 😃

Alan

Last edited:
Hi Alan :)

Glad it all worked out for you both...........they just won't listen sometimes will they tsk...tsk...tsk.

Hope you have lost that headache.

Enjoy your caaaaaaake :thumbsup::D

Hi Alan :)

Glad it all worked out for you both...........they just won't listen sometimes will they tsk...tsk...tsk.

Hope you have lost that headache.

Enjoy your caaaaaaake :thumbsup::D
I hope you’re feeling much better Alan, heatstroke is a total swine and can catch even the most wary of us. Lots of rest and liquids (and of course…plenty of cake)

I hope you’re feeling much better Alan, heatstroke is a total swine and can catch even the most wary of us. Lots of rest and liquids (and of course…plenty of cake)
Little chance of heatstroke at present Mike… it’s bucketing down here and hovering under 30 degrees…

No idea why I felt crook yesterday. Maybe just overworked. Better today despite the late night.

Back