• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bushbox XL

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Being a self-confessed kit tart and stoveaholic I have been lusting after a Bushbox XL Titanium stove made in Germany.
At the moment I am using the Firebox which is made of stainless steel.

The Firebox weighs in at a healthy 4lbs with all the extra bits I have added.

The Bushbox XL comes in at just under 2lbs......so a good weight saving.

I like the whole concept of these small stoves....and having used the Firebox extensively I know what they offer and how adaptable they are as far as different fuels go.

Because of the small makeup of the stove.....a controlled and contained fire is achievable under a tarp.....your immediate and personal space......so if it's raining it is still possible to have your fire on the go......heat water and cook
meals :thumbsup:

If the wind changes direction.......you just move the stove to suit.

From using the Firebox I know I am able to burn some decent sized wood once it's established so feeding it will not be so bad.
Beneath the shelter of a tarp, it is surprising the amount of heat these stoves can give out.....the stealth factor too....not lighting up the woods at night:thumbsup:

So it looks like I will be hitting the button on one of these little beauties:thumbsup:

i must confess ive had the bushbox xl for a few years now and i have never used it :lol:....ive just bought a spirit burner to use in it rather than the open fire ....but im making a concerted effort to move away from gas stoves this season :thumbsup:

Hi Matt :thumbsup:

I think there is something soulful going on when using them.......like having a good buddy beside you;):thumbsup:

Did you buy the kit version mate.....with grill plate??

Hi Matt :thumbsup:

I think there is something soulful going on when using them.......like having a good buddy beside you;):thumbsup:

Did you buy the kit version mate.....with grill plate??

mine was the first style fire box stove ...didnt come with the grill ..going to see how i do with it and if its something im going to get into i,ll get the grill kit

Well.....If you don't use it that often.....I can feel a swop coming on at the Summer meet mate....pack for Bushbox XL kit??;):whistle:??

Just looked at the links Mattchew..........they are for the Firebox ( I have already)....not the Bushbox XL titanium :thumbsup:
The Bushbox is half the weight of the Firebox buddy......thinking of the daypack and the odd bimble into the woods:thumbsup:

You'll like the bushbox xl .....I'd love the titanium version but I'll have to burn this one out first, may take some time!
Look forward to seeing it in action fella.

NOOoooooo, I don't need another stove, but I do like them to, might see if there is a cheap knock off version :)

Ho
You'll like the bushbox xl .....I'd love the titanium version but I'll have to burn this one out first, may take some time!
Look forward to seeing it in action fella.

Hi ScottE.

Yes I can see that mate......they are built to last aren't they :thumbsup:
I think the Bushbox is slightly smaller than my Firebox.....but not by much.......the weight saving will be welcomed:thumbsup:

NOOoooooo, I don't need another stove, but I do like them to, might see if there is a cheap knock off version :)

Hi Al.

:rofl: Resist mate......resist........:D

Be interested to see if there is a knockoff version of it:thumbsup:

After a bit of thought, I have hit the button on this one.:thumbsup:
Should have it next week with a bit of luck:)

I did not order any extra bits as I feel I have enough pots and pans to fill my needs at the moment...........can always add them if I do feel the need after using it for a while.
Saving over 2lbs in the day pack....also a bonus.

Next job when it arrives will be to make a leather pouch for it.....jobs a good'un:D

There's 1 on BCUK for sale, a couple of months old,used but with the extras £55, please someone buy it.........................................please, I don't need another stove, do I ?

Back