• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bushbox XL

Weight aside, you'd be buying a belter of a stove, I can't recommend the bushbox xl highly enough....I really have abused mine, burning chunks of hardwoods etc and running it for literally hours as a shelter heater, it has slight warping (given the heat it generates using it as I do I expect no different) but still folds, unfolds and stands solid as designed.
Sorry to bang on !
I fancy it myself as a spare 🤕

@ScottE

You keep on banging on Scotte :D........ it's nice to have the feedback from others:thumbsup:

Warping was a concern when I bought the "Firebox" made from stainless steel.........but that stove has stayed the same as when I took it out of its bag after a lot of prolonged use:thumbsup:
Bushbox has beaten the Firebox to the post with the use of Titanium in manufacturing..........there was talk a while back of a Titanium "Firebox" but I think they had problems with warping because of its design...... and it went no further as far as I am aware?

The Gelert folding BBQ will still play a part in the longer meets as it offers a great heat source/light/ and more cooking space and will burn good sized logs......but the Bushbox will come with me on the stealth camps........having said that.......I still think it will be a good companion on longer meets.

Have you tried charcoal or wood pellets in yours?

Not yet....I'm a bit of a skinflint and prefer deadfall and free fuel.
I will try charcoal as I fancy trying to make the char myself.

Free fuel has to be the best mate :rofl:

There is an experiment with a particular shelter that I want to try using the Bushbox and charcoal.....but I do not feel it is appropriate to mention it in detail at the moment.
When the better weather comes I will give it a go with an extensive trial......using safety aids.

Well I held off, gave myself a talking to I have enough stoves, I really do, it didn't sell did he reckons it's going onto the bay, see what it makes, you never know, a cheaper price might see a late bid going in ;)

I'd hazard a guess that if he uses words like "bushcraft" "wildcamping" etc in the title it'll make a fairy good price for him....even better if he gave it a clean up.......

Yeah that's the one ;) I'm watching but will not be bidding.

Well I've looked, even after the talking to ;) and you can get them new with the kit for ÂŁ82 so it will be interesting to see

Well something has gone right today :rolleyes::rofl:

The Bushbox XL turned up.......and its the CORRECT one............ with NO issues :thumbsup:
Unwrapped it for a quick look and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the pouch it comes in.
I will not bother making a leather one now:thumbsup:

More to follow soon:thumbsup:

Back