• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bushbox XL

I see the one we were watching didn't sell not even a bid, if I had remembered I might have lol, pleased I've been too busy to remember, I am weak and may have accidentally bid lol

Be strong Al.....be strong :whistle::D

Shame the guy had no bids.....was postage included.....not light items are they?

Lovely day here today......so I decided to find a spot in the woods to try out and burn in the Bushbox XL.
Few old bricks lying around so I made use of them to keep the stove off of the forest floor.
First day out with the "Snugpack Sleeka" too.....nice comfortable pack....well happy with it.

DSC03122.JPG

Time to unpack the stove and bits and get some water on the boil for a coffee.

DSC03126.JPG

Snapped up a few twigs and had my trusty fire biscuit at the ready to get the fire going..........they never fail.

DSC03127.JPG

Away she goes.....great air flow and flame.....keeping the ash pan clean helps the stove.

DSC03128.JPG

DSC03130.JPG

Water was very quick to boil for the coffee.

On test also today was my foldaway "Silky Saw" like all the Silkys it did not disappoint and will be a constant companion in the day bag or on the belt kit.

DSC03124.JPG

Cut some larger pieces for the stove...........burnt well.

DSC03131.JPG

DSC03132.JPG

Enjoying a coffee in the woods.

DSC03137.JPG

The stove has taken on a nice patina after its first burn.

DSC03138.JPG

There he was......GONE!!!......leave no trace.....no unburnt wood left behind.....more importantly................... NO fire scar :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed the couple of hours I was in the woods.......looking forward now to an overnighter or two when I find a suitable spot.

Happy days.

Brilliant, satisfaction from using natural fuel and leaving no trace.
That patina/blueing makes me want a titanium one as well :cool: very cool.

Brilliant, satisfaction from using natural fuel and leaving no trace.
That patina/blueing makes me want a titanium one as well :cool: very cool.

Hi Scotte :thumbsup:

Like I said before mate.....something soulful using the wood burners :thumbsup:
I could happily watch it burning for hours while feeding it.
As you know :thumbsup:........these little wood burners throw out some heat.

Yes............I think the blueing is cool too.....hopefully, have more after further use mate.

NIcely done, looks like the weather was kind to you as well, what boots are they ?

Cheers Bop :thumbsup:

The weather was very nice mate..................pleasure to be out in it.

The boots are "Toggis" waterproof and breathable.........nice for my hunting /fishing too :thumbsup:
Came in very handy when the snow was here....Marino wool socks.........jobs a good'un mate :)

Back