• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bushcraft beginner

Kitstaa

Slightly Talkative
Hello everyone, I have always loved the idea of bushcraft and wild camping etc but only recently got some of the sort of equipment needed and I was wondering if anyone could let me know how they started out or offer some information/advice? Thanks.

Welcome Kitstaa,
Find a secluded spot and practice, practice, practice. Maybe work up to an overnight with friends then maybe one on your own in reasonable weather unless you reckon you're really hardy :)

Hello everyone, I have always loved the idea of bushcraft and wild camping etc but only recently got some of the sort of equipment needed and I was wondering if anyone could let me know how they started out or offer some information/advice? Thanks.
Good morning young man and welcome to the forum. Well I started out as a young kid playing in the woods then joined the military and continued playing in the woods. As regards the kit you need well very little really although some of us here are complete kit tarts and have far more than we need. Where abouts in West Sussex are you, I live in Horsham

Good morning young man and welcome to the forum. Well I started out as a young kid playing in the woods then joined the military and continued playing in the woods. As regards the kit you need well very little really although some of us here are complete kit tarts and have far more than we need. Where abouts in West Sussex are you, I live in Horsham
Hahaha playing in the woods is always good! Yeah regarding kit I was thinking just some basic tools and tarp and hammock to start off? I'm near Chichester

Welcome Kitstaa,
Find a secluded spot and practice, practice, practice. Maybe work up to an overnight with friends then maybe one on your own in reasonable weather unless you reckon you're really hardy :)
Hello Paul, thanks for the advice I will definitely do that, have some friends at college that would definitely be interested! Watched some of your youtube videos yesterday, definitely enjoyed them :)

Hahaha playing in the woods is always good! Yeah regarding kit I was thinking just some basic tools and tarp and hammock to start off? I'm near Chichester
Well I'm only a very short drag up the road from you so if you want a meet and a chat after Christmas just say the word

Back