• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bushcraft bicycle trailer mk2

Woodlander

Very Addicted
after making my first trailer and then cycling 30 miles with it to my brothers, I found it was way too heavy. It took me 8 hrs to get here! My bro opened up his workshop, showed me a pile of timber, plywood, steel tubes and plastic sheets. 2 days work and I have this…

WP_20180703_17_56_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20180703_17_56_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20180703_17_56_55_Pro.jpg

Don’t come much better than that:thumbsup: not big on the fancy sparkly carcass though :D Top job mate :thumbsup::thumbsup:

going to be homeless soon due to relationship breakdown, so the plan is to bushcraft it around Britain on my bike with this trailer 😉

going to be homeless soon due to relationship breakdown, so the plan is to bushcraft it around Britain on my bike with this trailer 😉

Sorry to hear this mate:thumbsdown: but good to see you have a plan. Chin up buddy :thumbsup:

Also sorry to hear about the break up but you can't call that thing the bush bug...that sounds like something itchy and very personal. Let me know if you decide to head up the A40, A483...if you're bush crafting your way West you're welcome to stop off for a couple of days if you need to

Last edited:
Also sorry to hear about the break up but you can't call that thing the bush bug...that sounds like something itchy and very personal. Let me know if you decide to head up the A40, A483...if you're bush crafting your way West you're welcome to stop off for a couple of days if you need to
Ha haha now i think about it yes your right sounds like crabs lmao!
thank you for the kind offer mate, I will be heading that way, I'm from Llandovery originally and will be based there when I leave. I find its nicer the further west you go. When I'm all set up, I might take you up on the offer 😉

After much consideration, I have decided to give the trailer to my brother and go with panniers instead, all home made stuff as per my style, will post a pic when done :)

Just the job that is mate.:thumbsup:

Not reliant on a trailer either............where you go.....your kit stays with you:thumbsup:

Liking the bike too.
One question about the trailers and that concerns weight. Going on tinterweb gives a wide range of weight that some carrry , or claim to carry , 60-150lbs all up weight seems to be about average but I've also seen some say they pull , 250 , 400, and even one saying he uses a bike trailer for pulling 1000lbs of green waste albeit over a flat route. I'm not going to say that weight is impossible although I do have doubts about the practicality , uphill would be difficult , downhill dangerous and I would have thought wet roads would cause traction problems. Weight transfer seems to be an issue too from what I understand depending on how or where the trailer and bike are attached.
Has anyone some practical experience they could share please , I'm still looking to make one and I'd rather know the pros and cons and faults for that matter before I start.

Back