• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bushcraft radio.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
I quite like a small radio in my kit....especially when on my own......or carrying out admin in my personal space.
Anyone else bother to take one?

I know its nice to listen to nature while out...but sometimes it makes a change to have a bit of music to listen to.

a like a bit of music when hiking and chilling..always use my phone but it drains the battery after a bit. Have looked into a small radio but can't decide witch one lol

I use my phone to store and play music as and when / if I want to listen to something, a spare battery plus battery bank lasts me for a day or 2 :)

We pack a Roberts wind up radio it also works off 2 AA batteries it has a light and alarm as well, don't really use it music (kelly does) its handy some times and nice to listen to old music on the BBC channels and the world service plus shipping weather which is always spot on for a general weather indication will find a pic of it

Here it is. (Also have a small pocket fm mw lw and multi SW radio)

IMG_8852.PNG

Reception is good you dont need to extend the aerial

This is the little radio I am using at the moment Roberts Sport 988
Had this for a good few years now....was only about £30.00 when I bought it....used mainly while sea angling and walking.....bushcraft too....even had it out on the kayaks years ago:)

https://www.hifix.co.uk/roberts-r9988-sports-988-slim-3-band-radio

Thinking of upgrading it now though for somthing a bit more up to date.
The 988 has no telescopic Ariel and relies on the headphones for signal.

May give one of these a punt.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Azatom-Pro...le-Travel-Battery/1877186886?iid=191902669715

Bit the bullit Mark and just ordered one ;)

When it arrives I will let you know what its like.
I do like the Roberts but this is cheaper and has much better reviews regarding performance.

We shall see.

Be nice to take away on holliday too:thumbsup:

Just been looking for some idea of play time.....one source says 8/10 hrs the other says 18/20 :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::rofl:

I do have a couple of those Mark....not exactly the same as the one you linked to.
So, yes, they would do the job of topping up :thumbsup:

Whatever you get I suggest back up wind up option

Have had a couple of wind up versions over the years Lee and they are O.K.
Back then the playback time was pretty short.....but things have moved on a bit technology wise.
They were also quite bulky and not too comfortable or practical to put in your pocket while walking fishing etc.
Which is why I moved onto the Roberts Sport...small and compact.

But for static camp use the wind ups are a good option:thumbsup:

I was just looking at a Roberts radio on ebay a few days ago. I've got a small Bench pocket radio, but it's not much cop. Them Dab ones look decent, might one of them up :thumbsup:

Back