• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bushcraft radio.

Hi Gary.

If you can hang fire for a while I have the Azatom Sport S1 on order ( LINK above)....better reviews than the Roberts mate.

I will stick a little review up when it arrives:thumbsup:

Hi Gary.

If you can hang fire for a while I have the Azatom Sport S1 on order ( LINK above)....better reviews than the Roberts mate.
I will stick a little review up when it arrives :thumbsup:

That'll be great Bill, i'd like to know how long the battery lasts, mind you could top up with a power bank if needed :thumbsup:

Any Of these are good

image.jpeg

Just realized I posted this in the wrong section....so have moved it:rolleyes::thumbsup:

The Radio arrived today.
Had a quick look at it and a play.
Need to set it up....time...date.....etc.

The external speaker is small but usable and loud enough for close proximity.
Earphones work well....but I did try a better pair...the sound is very good.

Need to charge it fully and see how long the internal rechargeable battery lasts.

It weighs very little....its small and compact and will fit in a shirt pocket easily....so far very happy with it:thumbsup:

Need to read the user manual....which is very small.....need my magnifying glass :rofl:

Pictures will follow soon:thumbsup:

i bought a DAB radio to take to the meets and the general outdoors ...kneef found it very relaxing as it seemed to find its way to his set up :cool:

Why the cheeky Git :D

Tiz nice to listen to the news and weather....or a bit of music when doing a bit of admin....or nodding off in the slug.

Morning, Gary.:)

I am trying out the Radio battery as I type....turned it on at 05.00hrs ( was going shooting early....then changed my mind:rolleyes::rofl:)

There are 3 power bars in the battery display on the screen.....it is now down to 2 after 2.5 hrs.....so not looking to shabby mate....volume is low mind you.
The telescopic Ariel is very thin......but I think you would only use that in a static location to be honest.
If the radio was in your pocket or pack....you would more than likely use the headphones anyway?

I have a small power bank here....when the batteries are flat I will see how long it takes to recharge from it:thumbsup:

Reading the manual today to get to grips with it mate:thumbsup:

A few pictures of whats in the box :thumbsup:

DSC02904.JPG

Small and compact.

DSC02905.JPG

The Ariel.

DSC02906.JPG

Whats in the box....well packaged.

DSC02907.JPG

User Manual a bit on the small side :alert::D

Very nice Bill :thumbsup:

I like the look of it, nice and compact. I've noticed with new lithium batteries, it's usually takes a few full charges to get a proper reading, of how long they last on a full charge. Does the manual say what capacity the battery is mate.

Looks like it'll be going on my wanted list,when the pennies allow ;)

Hi, Gary.

It says it is a Lithium rechargeable 3.7V 1800mAH

Up to 15hrs using the loudspeaker for 4hrs a day at normal volume.

Up to 18hrs using the earphones for 4 hrs a day at normal volume.

The speaker is giving quite a good sound for what is....much better than my Roberts Sport radio....output power is 150mW.

Sounds ideal mate, the run times on the battery look good :thumbsup: I've never used or seen a DAB radio, but heard the sound quality is excellent :D I've got a few more bits of kit to sell that i don't use, i deffo be buying one soon ;)

Been running for 6.5 hrs solid now mate....still got 2 of the three power bars showing.....so I think the batteries are adequate:thumbsup:
Yes mate the sound is pretty good.....jobs a good'un ;)

Happy chappy :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Just noticed the ebay seller is based up here Bill, in Billingham, probs pop over if it's a shop, buy one over the counter :D

The only thing with that radio bill is its a built in battery, I would preference AA or AAA

Back