• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bushcraft sayings.... quotes....phrases.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Most of us have probably seen and read a few Bushcraft related quotes and phrases.
Some are very spiritual...others are funny.......some make good sense.

Some members use them in their signatures.

So.....for a bit of fun lets see how many we can bring to this thread :)

" An Indian will light a small fire and sit close......a white man will have a large fire and will keep warm by collecting wood all night "

" Nettles are for making tea.......not wiping your backside "

" Knowledge weighs nothing "

Most of us have probably seen and read a few Bushcraft related quotes and phrases.
Some are very spiritual...others are funny.......some make good sense.

Some members use them in their signatures.

So.....for a bit of fun lets see how many we can bring to this thread :)

Enjoy what nature has to offer but leave no sign of your passing

" An Indian will light a small fire and sit close......a white man will have a large fire and will keep warm by collecting wood all night "

" Nettles are for making tea.......not wiping your backside "

" Knowledge weighs nothing "

And remember the customer is always right .......even though he's completely off his trolley ! That was a bushcraft companies motto

Home is where the heart is, my heart is in the forest, the forest is my home. Jon Denyer

borrowed from elsewhere but highly applicable nonetheless: "don't shit where you eat".

"if you can't tie good knots tie plenty of them."

and my personal favourite: "there is no good excuse for not knowing how to tie a bowline, a trucker's hitch and a prusik."

Last edited:
Back