• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Bushcraft watch

nedbushcrafter

Very Addicted
1451945252121189020.jpg
1451945252853890294.jpg

HIya guys mate of mine joe is sending
me 5 of these from the states paracord bushcraft watch basic time piece with compass whistle and fire strker im looking forward to getting these i wondering what you guys think on first look o reckon it would be ok for out in the wilds

Attachments

• 1451945252424386279.jpg
    1451945252424386279.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 186
  • 1451945252398564040.jpg
    1451945252398564040.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 220
Unfortunately I don't have the link he sent me these pics via email but its just a basic timepiece digital battery I know how to do parachord bracelets done loads of em but they only retail over there for $4 a piece ya can't get the buckles for that here ! Let alone the watch but for work or bushing they are ideal if it gets broke its no big loss 3 of these are spoken for I was gonna donate the other 2 to the forum had an idea for a good comp for em be a bit of fun test your bushcraft skills to win one :thumbsup::thumbsup::sneaky:

for that money they are good and as long as they work when they arrive all good, Ive broke watches in our game so don't like wearing mine much but I got a say the Casio range master is wearing well , touch wood.

I still have my active service aws watch I had in the army but it has sentimental value to me as my late father bought it for me so I don't wear it for fear of breaking it

Cheapie are the best option, I think I will make another one as I've got the new fire strike buckles.

I had one of them G shock casio it lasted a day :rofl::rofl::rofl: i tapped it the screen shattered went straight in the bin lol

This is my first one I always went with sunto before but I like it, it has more functions and better sensors than the sunto imho

But do we really need a watch I went for 20 years without one.

I need a watch in my job for logging down stuff always a time and date admittedly I have my phone but most the time I leave it in the truck in its holder plus I've always worn a watch don't feel dressed without one

I know what you mean. I use to wear a Cartier and broke the strap so I sold it and had nothing for 20 odd years got into survival type watches 5 years ago or so.

It looks proper like the cheap survival bracelet I just had delivered which is cool and functional but they are so chunky that I just don't want to wear it. You cant pull your jacket over it, it gets caught on stuff and it just feels awkward. Mines clipped to my belt when I go out now instead.

Is it the buckle that makes it chunky?
Thinking about it lee its probably the braid with the paracord but I have a sneaking suspicion that the bracelet needs to be that long for the buckle as its nearly the width of my wrist. It tends to make a semi circle shape rather than an oval.

Thinking about it lee its probably the braid with the paracord but I have a sneaking suspicion that the bracelet needs to be that long for the buckle as its nearly the width of my wrist. It tends to make a semi circle shape rather than an oval.

They do that even with the metal buckles you could try to make your own thinner weave.

They do that even with the metal buckles you could try to make your own thinner weave.
its more the length, i think i may have a go at reducing the length and see how it goes.

Unfortunately I don't have the link he sent me these pics via email but its just a basic timepiece digital battery I know how to do parachord bracelets done loads of em but they only retail over there for $4 a piece ya can't get the buckles for that here ! Let alone the watch but for work or bushing they are ideal if it gets broke its no big loss 3 of these are spoken for I was gonna donate the other 2 to the forum had an idea for a good comp for em be a bit of fun test your bushcraft skills to win one :thumbsup::thumbsup::sneaky:
its more the length, i think i may have a go at reducing the length and see how it goes.

Hi Ned.

Very generous of you to offer up a couple to the forum mate......good on you Budd :thumbsup:

For knocking about in the woods they will do the job nicely........and like you say....if it gets broken or lost....no biggie.

What did you have in in mind re the competition mate??

I just buy cheap watches on Ebay less than a tenner usually, when they pack up or the strap frays I buy another one. simples.............

These are free to me loney friend Joe has a trading post any samples of bushy stuff he gets he sends to me bush gear very popular over there

Back