• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

bushy kit

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
a few of you have now been to a winter bushy.... is there a bit of kit you should have taken?? or was there bits of kit you didnt need?

Good Question I was thinking the same.
I am in the middle of digging through all my old gear to see if there is anything I can use for the next bushy meet, so be very interesting to know the above.

the main thing i took to much of was tinned food ......ive just left it all packed got enough for the summer bushy :D

i think the thing most people forgot to pack or get was a good tilly/hurican lamp for around your camp area
also some good lenghts of para cord

took too much food,clothes. didn;t have a chainsaw, or a large enough tilly, mine was ok for me but not for a larger communial camp. had plenty of paracord, maybe another tarp would of been helpful. were gonna make some larger cooking irons for if theres a larger fire, but we had grills for ourselves, its just that when theres a few of you its easier to use a communial fire. hence bigger irons.

if i go with bullseye again i won't take anything as he has a "magic land rover" like mary poppins' bag...:D

cheers for that rob;)

Back