• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Busy day in the cave

I'm going to be losing my garage as its going to converted for my mum to move into. Not sure what I'm going to do with all the stuff I have in there, another garden shed will help but is only part of the solution. :(

Just been through getting rid of the "Man Cave Shed" and ended up with a "Zen- Den" in its place.
Had to be absolutely brutal with the clean out of the......"That will come in handy items" and tools I will no longer use anymore.
I feel your pain...........now a few months on......I am adjusting to my 3x4 shed :D

When I moved house I listened to what the wife had told me and went absolutely minimal in the house and it feels good. Its strange at first but you soon adjust to living in a 'cleaner leaner' home...best thing I ever did. Same with all the old camping kit, I've got friends coming down and they can have what they want, a real clear out and then I'll look at buying some brand new kit but not enough to clutter the home/sheds.

I don’t have that much gear... at the moment..but there is a bigger shed on the horizon so I can fit more equipment :D hoos is hers...the shed is all minzz :D

I don’t have that much gear... at the moment..but there is a bigger shed on the horizon so I can fit more equipment :D hoos is hers...the shed is all minzz :D

I'm pretty bad, I've got most of the garage for tools, camping gear and assorted 'stuff'. I've also got a room up the stairs which is full of my crap, I don't do too badly. I do drastically need to have a good clear out I suppose. :(

I'm pretty bad, I've got most of the garage for tools, camping gear and assorted 'stuff'. I've also got a room up the stairs which is full of my crap, I don't do too badly. I do drastically need to have a good clear out I suppose. :(
Yep be brave

Its all too easy to get sucked into the kit vortex, you buy a new bit of kit but't don't get rid of the old.

You can take your pick from.....
A) "Its handy to have a spare"
B) "There's nothing wrong with it, it still works fine so why ditch it"
C) "Can loan it to that mate who always talks about coming out with me"
D) "Its my precious...."
E) "All of the above" :mad:

Put a lot of gear I don't use on gumtree today..........went for a walk to stop myself taking it all off......finger on delete button:chicken!:

I'm at that point too, I gave up backpacking a few years ago, still haven't quite reached the point where I can get rid of the kit though, so you're doing better than me.

I'm at that point too, I gave up backpacking a few years ago, still haven't quite reached the point where I can get rid of the kit though, so you're doing better than me.

Dinnae ditch it all missus, the shopping trolley can't go everywhere. ;)

Well friends have been and gone, they filled up on my food, booze and kit LOL. Great to see them and have no doubt I'll be seeing much more but guess what...I realised that I'm quite happy with my own company too. Its taken me several years to arrive at this point but I'm there now :)

Nagged a couple to sign up here.

Back