• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

C.C.T.V Systsems.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Have we any members who are clued up on....or are CCTV systems fitters?
Had an incident in the shop the other day that has prompted us to fit CCTV on the premises.
The staff has been notified and signs will be displayed after fitting.

Recommendations appreciated......... need it to cover a 72hr period/loop and have night vision capability too with motion sensors.
Prepared to pay a reasonable price but do not want the top of the range kit.

We have not got a clue:(

How many cameras do you need, I have 1 fitted to monitor Dad if I need to for what ever reason, it does sound, colour in daylight and black and white IR at night, the lens can be rotated within reason, it comes with a trial period to upload to the cloud, this can be extended on a contract basis, I didn't bother with that, you can set up alerts for motion and sound or either or, great camera imho and only £30 from Amazon, interface via an app on phone or pc over wi-fi and cellular.

Hi Bop.....thanks for the feedback mate.

We will probably need two cameras.
Need something that will take video and store it for at least 72hrs on a loop.
Need a self-contained and supported unit......not interested in the cloud.

Ah ok, your maybe better off getting a company into do a written quote, then see what gear they're using and diy lol :D

I installed 3 DVRs in my work with 36 cameras and with 100+ days of recordings.
I'd recommend 1080p full HD IR capable cameras.
The DVRs I used were QVIS Pioneer Trio 16 channel versions but they do much smaller ones.
Providing you connect the DVR to your broadband line you'll be able to check the cameras on your phone also.

Many local PC shops will do a 'kit' containing all you need similar to this one.
2x HD 720p CCTV camera kit

Hi Paul, thank you.

We live out of town and the shop is not connected to the Broadband.:(

I think we will need to have one fit for purpose fitted by a professional outfit.

Thanks for the feedback.

Well even without internet access these things will record constantly and, as long as it doesn't get stolen, you'll still be able to view the recordings.

I have an 8 camera system with a dvr hard drive which is also uploaded to the cloud, the problem is that the definition isn't brillient because let's face it...I was too much of a tightwad to buy the best. Where it really scores is as a deterrent. I can see who is coming and going about the place and they know that they're being watched.
I also have a high definition trail camera that shows no visible spectrum light when shooting stills but that is more for the wildlife.

Back