• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Caldera Cone

For spiritus that looks good.

But to light a fire in a pinewood is a bit risky in my opinion.

Such a forest is relatively expensive to replace after it's burned down.

Looks good Harry.........as with Any stove most people know that care and sensible use is paramount in any enviourment never take anything for granted.
Clearing an area a metre square of any dry leaves mulch etc from and around the fire/stove site.
I see in the second video the guy is using a base plate of sorts....... A tin flan dish of a suitable size would keep the fire from being in direct contact withe the floor and would help to leave no fire scars.

Although a nice stove..... I don't think I would personally replace my Firebox with one of these......... Horses for courses.

They are good for UL trekking and cooking dehydrated meals, iirc it takes around 15ml of meths / bio-ethanol to bring 500ml of water to a boil, and everything gets stored in the 1 pot :)

EDIT: I'm talking rubbish, mine aren't Caldera but Stormin Norman type.

Back