• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Camera drones

lee

Slightly Obsessed
I recently brought a micro drone (atom 1.0) for not a lot of money £20, we've had great fun with it so we will be getting a couple more. . . A micro wifi camera drone and a syma larger drone that we can fit the sj400 camera to, anyone else playing with these they are great fun! Also handy to see the terrain ahead ;)

Micro wifi camera drone: £25
image.jpeg

Syma X8: £50
image.jpeg

I recently brought a micro drone (atom 1.0) for not a lot of money £20, we've had great fun with it so we will be getting a couple more. . . A micro wifi camera drone and a syma larger drone that we can fit the sj400 camera to, anyone else playing with these they are great fun! Also handy to see the terrain ahead ;)

Micro wifi camera drone: £25
View attachment 11810

Syma X8: £50
View attachment 11809
I like drones but recently there has been so much mis use of them round airports, drones are being used to get drugs, mobile phones and possibly weapons into prisons. Eventually I think there has to be licensing and proficiency testing of operators be the drones large or small

There are some good deals about, trees I've thought about it but it would hardly get used and I wouldn't wasn't too fall foul of an laws etc

Unfortunately another great bit of kit that has been used and abused by so many idiots and villans.:(
Making the sensible and safe users suffer the backlash.
Personally, I would like to see them banned!!

Unfortunately another great bit of kit that has been used and abused by so many idiots and villans.:(
Making the sensible and safe users suffer the backlash.
Personally, I would like to see them banned!!
Its the usual way these days Bill

Do like toys mark and keeping us amused out if season lol

There was mention of a new drone 400 meter height law and 1/4 mile from airports but that was only debate I believe.

There was mention of a new drone 400 meter height law and 1/4 mile from airports but that was only debate I believe.
That's what I heard Lee but I also heard over 2 years ago that it would be an offence to carry a bazer pointer anywhere near an airport but nothing happened

They won't do anything, if a 747 came down in london due to a drone they might then. It will take a big event like hungerford that led to the gun ban.

I was watching a bloke flying a mini drone last summer, it came down and landed in a big patch of long grass. He was still looking for it hours later, when i was out walking the dog :rofl::rofl:

I was watching a bloke flying a mini drone last summer, it came down and landed in a big patch of long grass. He was still looking for it hours later, when i was out walking the dog :rofl::rofl:
well there you go, could he control it when its about to be sucked into the engine of a jet liner

like every thing the odd few of idiots spoil it for every body else

Way more fun than shooting pigeons, but not so tasty:fedup:

400ft agl rather than metres as that would be nearer 1200ft. Must be pin line of sight.
If they're being operated outside these parameters the various authorities should be notified so that NOTAMS etc can be generated for the various aviators.

It's not just engines that are at risk. A 10kg drone hitting the canopy is going to do much greater damage than equivalent weight bird due to the hardness etc off the component parts in particular the battery.

Drones aren't any more of problem than model aircraft it's the operators. Not all obviously but there are some very stupid people out there.

Back