• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

CAMERA TRAPS

lol

Extremely Addicted
Does anyone have any experience of these, ease of use, expense, sourcing? Thinking of putting 2 in the garden?
I know nothing about them.

Many thanks......

Sorry can't help but you've inspired me to ask the missus if she fancies one to see what's happening in the back garden with the beasties.

I have a couple that I bought on Amazon..they were much cheaper than the market leaders but still deliver 12 mega pixel images, 50fps video and still images. There is a setting that allows me to get stills without the telltale red glow of the IR. You'll also need an SD card and 8AA batteries in each.
I now know that badgers really love peanuts.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
f

Love skinning the hedghogs too!
Do you have a link or an idea of price of these particular ones?

If it’s for your garden what about mains powered cctv; we have friends who get a regular dance routine from a fox that visits the garden and may help the house insurance too!

That's a thought, may be a bit complex/expensive for an initial stab?

OH has had several of these over the past few years. One problem we find is that moving vegetation will set them off so we have a lot of pictures of moving trees/bushes etc. We have also captured some interesting things like the otter investigating our compost heap. We saw a barn owl feeding its chicks in our barn (a leftover from when this place was a farm) and roe deer pinching our apples. There are also pictures of ramblers walking up our track - it's a little used footpath/right of way - and the occasional car/ tall farm vehicle etc, trying to avoid the low bridge which gives access the "proper" way (or a blocked road when there was an accident in the nearest village).
l think you get what you pay for as cheaper ones don't last long but they are easy to use and, as long as you don't mind lots of boring pictures, (the dog and l marching off for a walk and plodding back as it's uphill home) you may find some surprises aswell.

So far, I may go for the Bresser camera as soon as available...…………...

Wow....mines a cheapy then...a "Victure"??? Means nothing to me. Anyway used for two nights, the night images are B/W and a bit fuzzy with dew and mist, goes to colour in daylight.
Been visited by Muntjac...as early as 2000hrs...both nights and a fox.......and a cat
(sample attached)

Attachments

• IMAG0004.JPG
    IMAG0004.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 145
  • IMAG0022.JPG
    IMAG0022.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMAG0032.JPG
    IMAG0032.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 162
Good pics. Night time will always be black and white as it's infra red. I have one video of a young fox at night and a picture of an owl taking a bath in the dogs water bowl. Also videos of mice on the bird feeder. Loads of daytime stuff around the bird feeder. Great fun.

Back