• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Camper vans and home conversions.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Thought I would start this thread as there has been signs of interest in the subject.
A place to discuss Camper vans......share tips and tricks with home conversions.
Recommend parts and material sources.

Pleas add pictures of your vans and projects

Well a must for me at least was fitting a diesel heater...for clyde....not me as made of stronger stuffšŸ˜š....also swivel front passenger seat as in a small van you need every inch of space.....done a few more things will post later oot in the snow

Attachments

• 20231125_160636.jpg
    20231125_160636.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 26
Being a van driverist I'm on a faceache page for those vans (despatch) and they are quite a popular van to convert.
There was talk about the stopping of private conversations for some reason. Can't remember whst it was but might be worth checking if you're looking st that route.
I'll see if I can have a dig and find more information.

Thought I would start this thread as there has been signs of interest in the subject.
A place to discuss Camper vans......share tips and tricks with home conversions.
Recommend parts and material sources.

Pleas add pictures of your vans and projects
The old hippy vans of yesteryear, some used to coil small bore copper pipe around the exhaust tube, and connect it to a small radiator in the back of the van. A couple of my old traveller / alternative acquaintances did this. By all accounts it used to work quite well to heat up the van while travelling. These were old vans, like the Morris Wandsworth, Sherpa and Bedford green goddess. They were very basic "camper" vans, woodstove, bed, a worksurface and sink, some storage, that was it really.

Well my van started as a 7 seater now two seater plus bed etc.......pretty basic but suits myself,dog,and occasional grandson.....insurance was a wee bit tricky, but eventually got it insured as ongoing campervan conversion....add awning for extra space for campsites when you need to jet wash your undercarriage when the fog feels even he can't stand my smellšŸ¤¢šŸ˜„

Attachments

• 20230923_175611.jpg
    20230923_175611.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 19
Back