• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Camping summer 2017

lee

Slightly Obsessed
Well we was planning to spend pretty much the whole of the 6 weeks schools hols camping at the south coast, Dorset, new forest and Devon we even brought the new bell tent for summer camping lol (a stupid move I know) but with the poor weather forecast until September we now probably do only the south coast when the weather is above 20* and a few days in the new forest with wet wether tent! :mad: Oh well their is always next year :rofl: it's gonna be sickies when they forecast the week of summer in June next year lol

Well we was planning to spend pretty much the whole of the 6 weeks schools hols camping at the south coast, Dorset, new forest and Devon we even brought the new bell tent for summer camping lol (a stupid move I know) but with the poor weather forecast until September we now probably do only the south coast when the weather is above 20* and a few days in the new forest with wet wether tent! :mad: Oh well their is always next year :rofl: it's gonna be sickies when they forecast the week of summer in June next year lol
Its a good way to spend summer mate and stuff the weather there's always something to do and see

We'll never get the weather, get out and do it :D

As you say Bop......Unfortunately in our fair land its not very often you get perfect weather for camping especially in tents.
Too Hot....too Cold.....Raining....windy.

Just have to make the best of things.....thats what camping is all about...take the rough with the smooth.

Or book into a Hotel or Caravan:D

As you say Bop......Unfortunately in our fair land its not very often you get perfect weather for camping especially in tents.
Too Hot....too Cold.....Raining....windy.

Just have to make the best of things.....thats what camping is all about...take the rough with the smooth.

Or book into a Hotel or Caravan:D
getting your face into the wind and your backside wet in the woods

.....and out of the mud......been there:D

On a good registered site you normally have good facilities....toilets....showers.....cafe....shop etc.
But wild camping is a different animal.....your on your own.

.....and out of the mud......been there:D

On a good registered site you normally have good facilities....toilets....showers.....cafe....shop etc.
But wild camping is a different animal.....your on your own.
That's why I prefer wild camping Bill, back to the basics philosophy

Yes, same as you Joe.:thumbsup:

But when you have little one's with you....the organised camps are the better option.
Still have a lot of fun on them....some even allow open fires.
Normally more for the kids to do....and other children they can play with:thumbsup:

Yes, same as you Joe.:thumbsup:

But when you have little one's with you....the organised camps are the better option.
Still have a lot of fun on them....some even allow open fires.
Normally more for the kids to do....and other children they can play with:thumbsup:
Other children to play with.....well that should keep Mark and Neil happy then:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We'll never get the weather, get out and do it :D

I know what your saying and we get on with it regardless but we're kinda more into secluded beach camping and fishing with the boats so the weather really does dictate our options now

I know what your saying and we get on with it regardless but we're kinda more into secluded beach camping and fishing with the boats so the weather really does dictate our options now
I know mate and a bit of rains not going to deter your two boys

Your right the boys WILL be launching regardless of the summer weather lol, the chance of me grabbing the grab bag are 50/50, the handheld VHF is rated floating and IPX-7 but I don't believe everything I read :rofl: The PFD's can hold one personal flare each, what do you recommend joe? . . . Rocket or smoke lol

image.jpeg

Your right the boys WILL be launching regardless of the summer weather lol, the chance of me grabbing the grab bag are 50/50, the handheld VHF is rated floating and IPX-7 but I don't believe everything I read :rofl: The PFD's can hold one personal flare each, what do you recommend joe? . . . Rocket or smoke lol

View attachment 10774
Both have their place Lee and the weather is a factor but in daylight it has to be red smoke every time for me. A person who may not be looking in your direction is going to miss a flare, smoke lasts a lot longer

Both have their place Lee and the weather is a factor but in daylight it has to be red smoke every time for me. A person who may not be looking in your direction is going to miss a flare, smoke lasts a lot longer

True, but with strong wind will the smoke disperse to quick joe? I'm thinking I would only be out 1/2 mile from shore (if the tide was coming in) and I could wait till dusk and launch a rocket flare at the right angle that should peak just over the old town lol

True, but with strong wind will the smoke disperse to quick joe? I'm thinking I would only be out 1/2 mile from shore (if the tide was coming in) and I could wait till dusk and launch a rocket flare at the right angle that should peak just over the old town lol
I agree mate there are so many variables to consider, in the marines we always used schermuli parachute flares which even a blind man couldn't miss

It's like winter here joe! It was the same last year, some good weather early and a little late Sumer but as for a summer per say we don't have them anymore!

Back