• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Camping summer 2017

Safe trip home......and I hope you have more luck weather wise for the New Forest:thumbsup:

Safe trip home......and I hope you have more luck weather wise for the New Forest:thumbsup:

Cheers bill, home and unpacked lots of food uneaten so left that all packed, just some washing to do, the cooking condiments box to re load and some batteries to charge before a few days just relaxing and maybe some bushcraft in the new forest next week.

Been on the road 5 hours trying to get to dorset only just got on the a27 at Bognor had to cut across country as m25 blocked still another hour plus till we're there what a joke 6 plus hours that's the price for not going at 5am! Wonder how the a31 will be lol

Moved your post as requested Lee......hope you arrived safely :thumbsup:.....IF you arrived :D

Got here about 17.30 5 and half hours for a 2 hour drive
Campsite is my worst nightmare but at least the Tent fields are tents only and away from the caravans and we found a little had a result as we found a little private den in the bottom of a field were touring so only here one night thank god we only have tent chairs table out were working out the back of the 4x4 and only getting cooking gear out when we need it ;)

Epic journey mate :( hope your next spot is better for you.
If you get some rowdy gits....wait till they are asleep and super-glue their zips....I jest of course:whistle:
Make the most of it and move on:thumbsup:

Our touring set up

IMG_8712.JPG
IMG_8713.JPG

The site
IMG_8716.JPG
IMG_8722.JPG

Tent fields

IMG_8724.JPG

The quite den we found ;) and
small fire in fire box

IMG_8725.JPG
IMG_8728.JPG
IMG_8731.JPG

Camp looks busy....but you have found a cracking little hideaway there:thumbsup:.....much firewood about?

Got here about 17.30 5 and half hours for a 2 hour drive
Campsite is my worst nightmare but at least the Tent fields are tents only and away from the caravans and we found a little had a result as we found a little private den in the bottom of a field were touring so only here one night thank god we only have tent chairs table out were working out the back of the 4x4 and only getting cooking gear out when we need it ;)
At least you got there safely Lee, it took me six and a half hours to get down here on Friday

Hade a nice hade a lye in this morning broke came and had a fry up done some sight seeing on the way to chesil beach at Portland had some lunch now time for some fishing and we will set up the tent on the beach for tonight's camp at dusk,

local council warden confirmed beach camping is ok ok but no camping in the car park

Breakfast this morning

IMG_8741.JPG

Chesil beach:

IMG_8750.JPG
IMG_8752.JPG
IMG_8756.JPG
IMG_8757.JPG
IMG_8758.JPG
IMG_8759.JPG
IMG_8838.JPG
IMG_8839.JPG

Hade a nice hade a lye in this morning broke came and had a fry up done some sight seeing on the way to chesil beach at Portland had some lunch now time for some fishing and we will set up the tent on the beach for tonight's camp at dusk,

local council warden confirmed beach camping is ok ok but no camping in the car park

Chesil beach:
Sounds good Lee, there are some nice bass to be has of Chesil

Not on my nor any other fishermans line! Gave up after 2 hours and went site seeing on Portland. Camped on beech now and going durdle door and lulworth tomorrow on route to the new forest

Nice pictures Lee.

"West Bay" is worth a look if you have never been.
Large camp site there too.
Try for the Bass at night.....half a side of Mackerel... or a whole small Squid on a 4/5 "O" hook 10/15 yds out....no lights and sit still.....running ledger rig:thumbsup:

Bit of a rough nite on the beach, went down to lulworth for an hour on the bass hunt then went to lulworth castle on route to the new forest.

I will go to any lengths to catch as bass lol

IMG_8866.PNG

IMG_8866.PNG
IMG_8857.JPG
IMG_8858.JPG
IMG_8862.JPG

Lulworth castle

IMG_8882.JPG

IMG_8884.JPG

IMG_8888.JPG

IMG_8891.JPG

Back