• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Canned coffee

They taste OK, not a strong enough taste for me for everyday use but fine for out and about. At home my standard French press brew is two heaped tablespoons of Taylors Hot Lava Java per mug. If I'm in a more patient mood I'll use a Briki and make Cypriot coffee.....strong and sweet Glykos style with a glass of water on the side :)

They taste OK, not a strong enough taste for me for everyday use but fine for out and about. At home my standard French press brew is two heaped tablespoons of Taylors Hot Lava Java per mug. If I'm in a more patient mood I'll use a Briki and make Cypriot coffee.....strong and sweet Glykos style with a glass of water on the side :)

I Could star to like you harry :whistle: taylors is nice... the stronger the better

Just got back from Tesco, 200ml cans of Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso £1

11 months shelf life on the ones I bought, could be handy in your stock cupboard or in your rucksack. 98mg caffeine per can.
Better Half works for Tesco, she drinks these like they are going out of fashion.
Tried a sip of one the other day, I'm no coffee connoisseur, but definate note of freshly dug soil and a hint of mouldy cream! Not for me I'm afraid, be a Kenco rapport man myself

Made a mug of Hot Lave Java at 06:30 together with a full fry up, something I don't often eat but I'm traveling a bit today so needed to stoke the boilers. Another brew shortly with a packet of Tesco Oaties and I'm off.

Made my own 'canned coffee' its simple

Make a strong cup of instant coffee (I used Gold Blend), add lots of sugar then add lots of evaporated milk...job done and camp doable :)

As long as you enjoy it Harry that's all that matters, just as long as you promise never to make me drink it.

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
Evaporated milk goes well with coffee and hot chocolate, not as good as sweetened condensed milk though:)

Back