• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Canoes

What kind of canoe ? A Canadian ?

I have no idea, something that will handle calm and faster water but nothing too extreme ?

Alright, maybe I have some tips for you. Where do you want to head?

I have this little banana for calm waters and lakes: INTEX EXPLORER K2 KAJAK

It can hold two individuals and does the trick for calm waters. I use it for our local lakes here - going down fast streams would be suicide though. Price is around EUR 80,-. So for the occasional trip it does the trick.

If you got the money, go for a polyester one or a proper wooden one, though. Inflatable vessels/rafts are just not made for heavy duty kayaking or canoeing.

That looks nice but not for me ?

Keep scanning eBay and other auction sites; because of the non post options they can turn up quite cheaply.

I will do closer to the time :)

I have an Decathaon inflatable , used on tidal rivers and a perception sit on top that I have yet to use on river or sea .

Have used Canadians on fast flowing rivers and rapids up to grade 3 ( Spey descent , Knockandoo rapids ) , can’t beat a Canadian for canoe camping !

Just arrived today to keep my Charles River company.............
1st paddle tomorrow......:D:eek:

Attachments

• WYRD Weston 156.jpg
    WYRD Weston 156.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 239
Proper job Lol........enjoy.....look forward to some pictures of her getting wet.
Have you named her yet?

Reactions: lol
Lovely first paddle , 2 up, today, accompanied by some friends.....performed very well, being much lighter than my plastic canoe, it accelerated quicker...
With a little rocker, turned nicely but not too quick: a slight v hull enabled it to hold a good line easily, as well as reducing wetted area.
Also had a quick paddle solo, also fine :thumbsup:
Almost a third lighter than my Charles River, making it easy to lift, on my own which is one of the main reasons for it.....piccies to follow

If I get sent one of someone actually paddling it.........as long as I don't look completely stooped.........:eek:

I see a tent in this boat a lot next year............

Attachments

• Wyrd 2.JPG
    Wyrd 2.JPG
    562.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Wyrd 3.JPG
    Wyrd 3.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Wyrd 4.JPG
    Wyrd 4.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 186
Bit of a long lunch...leaving the pub.....

Attachments

• wyrd oct 2018 3 (2).jpg
    wyrd oct 2018 3 (2).jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 188
Well I've been given the go ahead to get a canoe, it won't be until next year though, too much to find this year already :( something to look forward to though :)

How is the canoe search going???;);)

Back