• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Canvas or not ?

Ark79

Site Manager
I’ve not had any real experience with canvas tents and before I buy one ,well it’s a swag bag rather than tent but it’s canvas …. And before I risk buying one I thought I would ask

Are the any good..??

I’ve not had any real experience with canvas tents and before I buy one ,well it’s a swag bag rather than tent but it’s canvas …. And before I risk buying one I thought I would ask

Are the any good..??
Yes..... A couple issues to think about is the weight.... And you need to make sure its totally dry before storage

Yes..... A couple issues to think about is the weight.... And you need to make sure its totally dry before storage

Considered the weight Mucker, not really an issue as I will only be using it for camping close to the car 👍🏻 or asking you to take it to the site 😂

I will have to remember drying it out before packing away tho , I’m bad for that

I bought what I thought was a heavy canvas offcut from the local army surplus store for £5 and when I got it home and opened it up on the lawn it was a Scorpion Tent. I sold it to a Land Rover owner for £25 and went back for more but the rest were just offcuts.

I bought what I thought was a heavy canvas offcut from the local army surplus store for £5 and when I got it home and opened it up on the lawn it was a Scorpion Tent. I sold it to a Land Rover owner for £25 and went back for more but the rest were just offcuts.

I have a Scorpion tent / CVRT Crew shelter ..... worth a lot more than £25 if you can find the right buyer :eek:

Are the any good..??
Spending some wedge at OUTHAUS are we Mark ?

I have had my eye on the Palmerston for years but not sure that I could justify the cost in relation to the amount of times I get oot

The pipe dream of owning my own 1-2 acre woodland would probably have to happen first & sadly it wont ! :(

I’m a fan of old fashioned canvas scout patrol tents, bell tents and mess shelters but I’m afraid swag type bivvies are an unknown. Be sure to pack it away in something mouse proof.
Which of course can still be bought, both surplus and brand new civvy...................

Back