• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Caravans or rv’s

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Had a my fair share of both and loved every minute of them holidays I don’t really have a favourite. But I love being in on when the rain is poring down. Something relaxing about it :thumbsup:

What’s your favourite? Static caravans or RV’s??

My VW T5 campervan.
I love tents and shelters, but sometimes you want that comfort and the van is several levels up from a tent.
Insulated, leisure battery with solar panels, lighting, diesel heater.
But I dont have a kitchen in it as I prefer to cook outside

Clive
IMAG0076.jpg

Just sold ours...."Autosleeper Rienza" Chap collecting it on Friday.
Had some great and fun times with it....but looking at other options now.
We've had her for 9 years but we bought too early really with work taking up half of our weekends.

The above picture is what we do when myself and young son go camping.
The pictures below are when the wife is with us.
Clive

Attachments

• DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 217
@Chalkflint That is a very nice setup mate:thumbsup:.........my Son is a mechanic and auto electrician......he also converts the VW vans and others into Campervans.
It's amazing what they get into these vans :D
We have a very similar awning to yours.....and quite frankly......because of the height of the van, it was like something off of the "Generation Game" attaching it.....add to that a good breeze........mayhem....but fun :rofl:

Have you any plans to venture abroad with her?

Had some wonderful pictures of our travels....sadly lost when my old hard drive fried.....didn't back up the files :rolleyes:
Just been out and taken a couple more of her before the new owner comes to collect it.......fond memories.

Needs a good wash and polish but the guy is happy to that himself:)

DSC03145.JPG

DSC03144.JPG

We had a 100-watt solar panel fitted to the roof a couple of years ago........which was so worth the effort..... keeps the vehicle and habitation batteries topped a treat.
Great addition if you are Wild Camping and not hooked to the mains.:thumbsup:

So there she is......and bye she goes :rofl::thumbsup:

Hi Soloman :)

Very nice van mate how long have you had her?
Lovely disposal unit too :whistle::rofl:

We are looking out for another van....smaller this time around.
Missed one by the skin of our teeth a couple of weeks ago :(

We are in no rush to buy though......something will come along :thumbsup:

What a complete kick in the "Orchestra Stalls" for camper van and Motorhome owners.
A suggested hike of 705%!!!!! in road tax on anything produced after September the 1st.
This will do the manufacturing and tourism industry the power of good??? :(
The hike will mean that what used to cost an average of £250/300 will increase to around £2000/2200.......per annum!!
Most Motorhomes and campers only cover a fraction of the distance that most other vans lorries etc do in a year...2000/3000 miles at the most in general...........it's not like they are up and down the motorway every day of the week.
Sounds like another stealth tax on the leisure industry rather than a positive move to lower the carbon footprint......bleddy tossers :mad:

Tiz no wonder "Harry and Megan" are bailing out :rolleyes::rofl:

I presume that tax has come in now then seeing as it refers to september 2019?
I've never owned either campervans or caravans but have experienced both. I've also had experience of the static caravans but as they are large and the wheels they have are more of a legal technicality than something to move them about on i tend to see them as more closer to a house . Both seem to be very similar in terms of actual sleeping in and the like. The only exception to that would be the really small camper vans based on a car derived van. Very clever use of the space but it ends up a right rigmarole having to fold seats to lay the bed out or move the bed to get to storage. The larger ones with more space seem much more convenient especially if one is coming in from the rain. No road tax or mot on a caravan although there is maintenance although i suppose that is also true of camper vans as is the higher fuel consumption . I 'd also have trouble getting onto some sites towing a caravan behind my scruffy looking transit. To be honest i do wonder about the cost of both. The price of a decent caravan or van buys an awful !ot of hotel rooms.

Back