• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Cardboard tent

Baytree

Quite Addicted
I caught this reportedly on BBC radio 4 yesterday . Tents made from cardboard , aiming specifically at the festival goer rather than anyone else. The designer came up with the idea after seeing loads of cheap tents brought and later abandoned at festivals such as Glastonbury. To be fair even he agreed it would be better for people to actually buy a decent tent and reuse it but this is aimed at those who perhaps can't or won't go down that route.

I caught this reportedly on BBC radio 4 yesterday . Tents made from cardboard , aiming specifically at the festival goer rather than anyone else. The designer came up with the idea after seeing loads of cheap tents brought and later abandoned at festivals such as Glastonbury. To be fair even he agreed it would be better for people to actually buy a decent tent and reuse it but this is aimed at those who perhaps can't or won't go down that route.
grre
a great idea for summer camps

I can't help but think of a episode of the Simpons where Bart and Lisa build a fort out of cardboard boxes , play with it , defend it and finally say " let's melt it with the hose" turning into mush.

I like the idea but the cynic in me says "almost £50 for a cardboard tent or £15 for a tent from Halfords" sadly an awful lot of people will spend their £15 and just dump it. The daughter of a friend of mine does a lot of three season camping and has given a lot of her friends BBQs that she has bought home from campsites, the BBQ's were just left by the site bins...folk can't be bothered to undo a few screws and take their £20 BBQ home, they just buy another.

I saw a tv programme a while back celebrity camping or something it had Cheryl Baker and Bobby Davro in it. They had cardboard tents then but didnt realise how expensive they were

I like the idea but the cynic in me says "almost £50 for a cardboard tent or £15 for a tent from Halfords" sadly an awful lot of people will spend their £15 and just dump it. The daughter of a friend of mine does a lot of three season camping and has given a lot of her friends BBQs that she has bought home from campsites, the BBQ's were just left by the site bins...folk can't be bothered to undo a few screws and take their £20 BBQ home, they just buy another.
The 15 quid tent idea was mentioned in the radio programme . Tents made so cheaply as to be disposable and that disposability is the problem in that the majority just can't be reused or recycled effectively . If people spent the £50 on a decent tent and left that behind then that tent could find a possible second use via charities . Personally I don't like the idea of just abandoning anything but I can see the argument,

I read a couple of years ago that at least one Scout group go to festival sites and look through whats dumped, pots/pans/airbeds/sleeping bags/torches/lanterns even clothing are there.

Back