• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Carlyon Bay.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Soon be off on our travels again :)

Booked into "Carlyon Bay" with the van for a few days.
Hopefully we will miss the majority of the Bank Holliday rush.... and traffic......well that was the plan any way :D
Our first time on this site.....and looking forward to exploring the area......no site bar.....but a nice pub 10 minutes walk away apparently.
Having "Eddie" along on our last trip was no problem at all.....he seemed to adapt and enjoyed his trip too :)

"Tally Ho"

Last edited:
Soon be off on our travels again :)

Booked into "Carlyon Bay" with the van for a few days.
Hopefully we will miss the majority of the Bank Holliday rush.... and traffic......well that was the plan any way :D
Our first time on this site.....and looking forward to exploring the area......no site bar.....but a nice pub 10 minutes walk away apparently.
Having "Eddie" along on our last trip was no problem at all.....he seemed to adapt and enjoyed his trip too :)

"Tally Ho"
Hi Wille

I just read up on the site. Looks a nice place to visit. Will Eddie be Ok there with you?

Let us know about the trip in the van. Living vicariously through others adventures at present..

Alan

Hi Alan.

Yes indeed "Eddie" will be with us on this trip..... he loves it :D
At the moment we are only looking at dog friendly sites because "Eddie" is still so young.....quite a few of them are welcoming.
When he is older more mature......we may have the occasional longer trip on our own......but he will be with us mostly.

Next year we are hoping to do more wild camping in the van......will add a solar panel and either double up on the habitation battery or swop it out for a larger one.
My Son is a mechanic/auto electrician and fitted a panel to our last van.......opens up more options.:thumbsup:

Willie

Glad to hear Eddie is getting a good start and enjoying life out and about with his family.

I guess my question was more about dog friendly camping at public camp facilities. Are there many dogs traveling with their families in UK? Or is 'doggism' still an issue 🤣 I see both sides. Some people have uncontrollable feral beasts that shit everywhere and they dont clean up behind them.

Lucky you having a sparky as a son. Would love one of them around the place! My boy's only good for chasing roos!

Would love to see pics of the van set up. Have a good day

Alan

Hi Alan.

There are many camper van users that take their dogs along.
Most sites that accept them are understandably strict and insist on dogs being on a lead or tethered unless in a walking field.

The only uncontrollable ferrel beast running around and shitting everywhere...............is ME :rofl:

You have a good one to mate :thumbsup:

Well........... we should have been up having Breakfast before departing for Carlyon Bay in the van this morning.
Had to do a 999 for my Queen who was taken ill at work yesterday.
Massive dizzy spell....vomiting.....clamy and ashen looking......fainting.

Long story short she is in hospital having tests and scans....bless her.
Hoping it maybe an inner ear infection rather than anything more sinister......all the vitals were good so that is a blessing.

Not allowed to be with her at the Hospital.....but I understand and respect that.

Waiting on the results of tests today.....hopefully get her back home soon.

I have told her in no uncertain terms that we need to sit down and seriously think about decreasing her working hours.
Cut it back from 7 days a week to 6 and a half.......and only 12hrs a day instead of 16 🤔

Willie

So sorry to read your unsettling news. It must be particularly hard not being able to visit her. For what it’s worth, very best wishes and positive thoughts from the antipodes. Let’s hope she makes a full and speedy recovery. And she may need a good break after this. Carlyon Bay?

Those work hours sound crazy! My own wife is the same. None of us are getting any younger and we need to reassess priorities.

Best to you all

Alan

Happy to say Lorraine is a lot better after having treatment and is back home.
The problem came from nowhere and so quickly.
Booked in for MRI in a couple of weeks.

Need to get her up in a minute......want my Breakfast.......and we need to get on the road to Carlyon Bay :rofl:

Plenty of Gin and fresh air will help......Lorraine will have to stay on the Cola though :sneaky:

Cheers me dears :thumbsup:

Arrived yesterday and got set up.
The site is nice with a decent shop to get some basic supplies.
Having a restful day today but plan on a trip to Fowey tomorrow all things being well.
Nice friendly site..... And quiet.

IMG_20200912_091209.jpg
IMG_20200912_091129.jpg

Jobs a good'un....... Get the Brekky on soon :thumbsup:

Back