• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
Casio G Shock Gulfmaster GWN-1000B-1B Watch

Review Casio G Shock Gulfmaster GWN-1000B-1B Watch

lee

Slightly Obsessed
lee submitted a new resource:

Casio G Shock Gulfmaster GWN-1000B-1B Watch - Triple Sensor & Smart Access

The Casio G Shock Gulfmaster GWN-1000B-1B watch is a bit smaller than I expected which is good, the strap is the same width as my previous G Shock (the Rangeman 20mm), however it is half as thick as the Rangeman and to be honest this lets the watch down. The thin strap doesn't look as nice and chunky on your wrist as the Rangeman and this strap is made out of some type of rubber material where the Rangeman strap was thick plastic. The positive side to the thinner strap is that it will accept...

Read more about this resource...

Nice review mate and Nice watch. Can you not change the strap?

A like the 14.10 function and the delay on correcting itself rather than the full sweep that other watches have (mine included).

If it's fit for porpoise it's a good buy:thumbsup:

You could get a Casio differnt colour strap and bezel surround but they would be the same thinness the way the strap screws on the watch body no other strap in the world would fit other than Casio gulfmaster ones.
I have noticed there is no battery power indicator unlike the Rangeman which I think is a true survival watch, in a long term survival suituiation I think the pull out adjuster crown on the gulfmaster would eventually fail and allow water in to the watch, I wouldn't say this is a survival watch and I'm not sure this will hold up to my long term hard use, if it doesn't I will go back to a Rangeman.

All it needs now is a good field test. And hopefully your worries about water getting in are wrong and it holds up well:thumbsup:...you could possibly drip some candle wax over the crown when your going out to sea....easy to Remove when needed but it would provide an added protection and peace of mind :thumbsup:

It's rated waterproof for 200m mark so it shouldn't be a problem, not that I'm anticipating testing it to its max waterproof rating lol :eek:

From the pictures lee the hands are lit up nicely and the little light is all that's needed to see the watch face. Good review as always mate:thumbsup:

Further update.
Well it's been a few months now and the watch works faultless, just one problem. The strap band retainer buckle, Its to big for the thin strap and the watch band pops out non stop when you actively doing stuff. . VERY annoying, if you just wear the watch day to day it's not a big drama and doesn't pop out so much! but when wearing outdoor jackets and gloves etc it's always poking out.! gonna have to mod the strap or buckle as every time I look at the strap it's out the buckle! I think some heat shrink over the strap that goes in the buckle will work best.

Had a similar problem with my citizen dive watch. Made a new strap clip from thin stainless steel and solved the problem.

Back