• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Cast Iron frying pan

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Nice, you will need to season cast iron cookware by removing the handle and lightly overing the iron in oil or animal fat and then heating it to 170C for one hour forty five minutes and allowing it to cool slowly.
After that you must never wash it using soap or detergent.

Nice, you will need to season cast iron cookware by removing the handle and lightly overing the iron in oil or animal fat and then heating it to 170C for one hour forty five minutes and allowing it to cool slowly.

nice one Mike, I know it needs seasoning and I was going to look for the best way to do that, you’ve saved me the bother 😁 that’s how I’ll do it 👍🏻👍🏻

Once there is a good seasoned finish it's far better than Teflon...you'll never go back...the best bit is that they last almost forever.

When I was training to be a chef Mike it was sacrilege to get any of your pans near water, kitchen towel and a bit of oil were the only acceptable method allowed to clean them

When I was training to be a chef Mike it was sacrilege to get any of your pans near water, kitchen towel and a bit of oil were the only acceptable method allowed to clean them
I clean my frying pan out with bread...it seems to work with the added benefit of tasty burnt crunchy bits on fried bread

Arrived today 👍🏻 First impressions,, good 😌 seems well built and the handle is very sturdy.
5C4EC6E9-6ADD-439E-8389-EC186ED8DB8E.jpeg

the handle fits into place like a glove and screws tight with the top of the handle
7EDCD64D-8758-4FEF-A717-CC10F289CCB0.jpeg
7FC20891-D121-4EE6-A478-4FCF7CC019ED.jpeg

it is a tad heavy at 1256 grams,(approx as my scales are dodgy lol) that was expected tho with it being cast iron,

overall a nice pan 😁
44A20460-AEA7-4345-86AB-6AB4FB1859C8.jpeg

just to season it now and then try a breakfast trip oot 🤔

Reactions: Bam
Like that Mark :thumbsup: .....the handle function is a clever idea.....fits away nicely in the pan too.
Need some bacon in it now ;)

😁Yip bought one as well a wee while back after watching paul and andy cook there scoff over fire....but.....its a heavy burger and having a fixed handle doesn't exactly fit well in ruck...aaaaah well back to ooddles of noddles 😆

😁Yip bought one as well a wee while back after watching paul and andy cook there scoff over fire....but.....its a heavy burger and having a fixed handle doesn't exactly fit well in ruck...aaaaah well back to ooddles of noddles 😆

They are a tad heavy mate aye. You can have a look at this one when we meet up again👍🏻

Back