• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Catapult

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
The wee project for today's isolation
Yet to try it out though.

20200319_112351.jpg
20200319_112927.jpg
20200319_114353.jpg
20200319_140027.jpg

Don’t get board and and play targets with the street lights Paul , not cool mate ! 😂 but them empty rum bottles should be a good target 😁

What a spooky coincidence Gizmo...I was in a cut price shop this morning, called B&M and just noticed in the Garden section these 'Stones' like marbles that are used to decorate the soil around pot plants....Mmmm? thought Sax, catapult ammo! So I invested in a bag..£2.99

I usually use the 10mm Ball bearings which are ok but I find a bit on the small side.
P1050564.jpg

Attachments

• P1050564.jpg
    P1050564.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 11
What a spooky coincidence Gizmo...I was in a cut price shop this morning, called B&M and just noticed in the Garden section these 'Stones' like marbles that are used to decorate the soil around pot plants....Mmmm? thought Sax, catapult ammo! So I invested in a bag..£2.99

I usually use the 10mm Ball bearings which are ok but I find a bit on the small side.
P1050564.jpg

first job tomorrow 👍 10mm ball bearings are not cheap 🤔

Mel and I had an isolated walk down our local glen in the sun this afternoon and I tried it out. The band fixings were a definite fail. Once the tension on the band is released the wooden 'pin' drops out and the band comes loose. I ended up just tying a knot in the band to keep it from slipping back through the slot.
I cut some 1cm bits of twig to make the ammo and also tried small pine-cones. I certainly get a fair distance with that but I expect ball-bearings would be better though not as environmentally friendly. /wonders about frozen brussel sprouts ;)

Back