• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Cauliflower rice

38thfoot

Very Addicted
Bare with me but this quite possibly the hippyist thing I’ve ever posted.

My lovely wife is on a health kick and persuaded me to try the above mentioned cauliflower rice.

We’ve used Aldi pre chopped packs which serve two but Tesco do it as cook from frozen pouches (which we haven’t yet had). it’s one of your five a day and is about 200 calories a serving less than using actual rice, so far been using it with something with a sauce such as chilli or curry and in a Mexican stir fry and I can’t tell the difference. The only downside is my microwave and utility room has a certain “eaue de cauli”

For the gardeners out there with a surplus of crops preparation advice below.

When the missus is doing her low carb diet she uses it but she quickly gets scunnered with it. To the point of hating it. :rofl:
I'm lucky enough that I don't need to bother with these diets...... I'm quite content as a fat fecker. 🍕🍟🍔🍷🍺:)

Bare with me but this quite possibly the hippyist thing I’ve ever posted.

My lovely wife is on a health kick and persuaded me to try the above mentioned cauliflower rice.

We’ve used Aldi pre chopped packs which serve two but Tesco do it as cook from frozen pouches (which we haven’t yet had). it’s one of your five a day and is about 200 calories a serving less than using actual rice, so far been using it with something with a sauce such as chilli or curry and in a Mexican stir fry and I can’t tell the difference. The only downside is my microwave and utility room has a certain “eaue de cauli”

For the gardeners out there with a surplus of crops preparation advice below.

A good find 38

Well, I read all the info on it and a few words struck me...Soggy and strong smell of Sulphur...not a lot different to my usual cooking attempts then...I might give it a try I think. :lol:

I had cauliflower and broccoli cheese for lunch today, hence I have been banished outside :D :poo::fedup:
20200320_192543.jpg

As I said previously Aldi do both cauli and broccoli rice , the broccoli lasts longer so could be a better choice in our current situation 👍

Reactions: Bam
Back