• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Cheap Chinese gear

La Cucaracha

Quite Talkative
Thought a thread recommending whats good on aliexpress, gear best etc might be a good idea, i know there is some good and bad about, anyone got a bargain?

Relating this thread title) to stoves specifically:

Honey stove, or one of the many lookalikes?
(I normally use and love my Swedish Army Trangia, but am getting tempted by one of these.......)

While I mind, I went through a phase of looking for uber cheap stuff on ebay/amazon and there was some mind blowing stuff. The one that sticks out was a pair of sugar cube tongs for 16p all the way from the Far East and delivered by the postie. Sugar cube tongs you ask ???? Basically just a really small set of tongs that fit inside my mess kit, good for pretty much anything although an open fire is a bit risky.

Its a good idea for a thread, look forward to what others have unearthed.

The MLD Trailstar copies and inners, the Go-lite Shangri-la 3 copy, Lanshan 2, all tried and tested by members of another forum, mostly UL to boot and good reviews, I have the MLD copy and inner, yet to be used.

I would be very interested to read a review about it from you and to see some pictures, especially with sleeping mat inside.

While I mind, I went through a phase of looking for uber cheap stuff on ebay/amazon and there was some mind blowing stuff. The one that sticks out was a pair of sugar cube tongs for 16p all the way from the Far East and delivered by the postie. Sugar cube tongs you ask ???? Basically just a really small set of tongs that fit inside my mess kit, good for pretty much anything although an open fire is a bit risky.

Its a good idea for a thread, look forward to what others have unearthed.

Similar items currently available for a single penny!

Would seem wrong not to invest and then declare it as an asset on my tax return!

Not specifically recommending any particular item but I've bought from JOOM a few times (airsoft gear, camping and photography bits) and, even though the delivery time is 2-4 weeks, you can get the same item's that you can buy from Amazon or eBay for about 1/3 the price if you're willing to wait.

Not specifically recommending any particular item but I've bought from JOOM a few times (airsoft gear, camping and photography bits) and, even though the delivery time is 2-4 weeks, you can get the same item's that you can buy from Amazon or eBay for about 1/3 the price if you're willing to wait.
Thanks for the heads up heading there now!

Nice one, I buy stuff on ebay that takes a month sometimes anyway, I'll have a wee shufti at that.

Mentioned elsewhere but realistically a lot of the expensive gear is made in China; it seems standard business practice to carry the machines on after any order is completed for a few thousand items more that then get sold on through your choice of internet retailer.

No problem. It's worth checking for reviews on YouTube of what you consider buying before doing so though.

I have been tempted by the 3ful poncho tarp, unfortunately in the colours it comes in it is about as stealthy as a firework display!
Anyone have any experience of it?

Back