• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Cheap CO2 rifle

Sounds like you've done an excellent job. How many shots do you think you'll get from two bulbs?
No idea yet, it's been a warm day here for March (18c) so it was doing pretty well with just one bulb and an old spent one to act as a spacer. In theory it should achieve less than a standard rifle would but then the standard one would only produce around 8.5f/lbs....I'm dreading putting this one on a chronograph. šŸ˜§

Boys and there toys :rolleyes: I want one;):)

By the sounds of it...you have put a few hours into it ystranc.
Most of the job was cleaning all the contact surfaces with 800 grade wet and dry then polishing them, the actual strip down and reassembly was only about 20 minutes.

Here are the photos
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Anglo-Arms can wholesale boxes of 500 CO2 bulbs for around Ā£120, I've heard that a tiny dab of oil on the outside where it gets pierced can help lubricate the piercers.

A nice rifle that.........and from what you say....... sounds like it is very consistent :thumbsup:
There is mention in the clip I put up for you ( not sure if you noticed it?) about the oil used........it also helps to protect the seals in the rifle apparently.

What I've had reccomended is to use a single Umarex capsule every couple of loads, supposedly that is sufficient to look after the seals. My other half has just ordered 50 off Amazon. I can get the AngloArms capsules even cheaper (cheap enough to sell on at half MRRP and still make a profit) but only if I buy in multiples of 500.

38th was going to look up the brand of oil he uses as a dab on for the capsules. I'll also take a look online.

Back