• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Cheap firebox

Aquilosdad

Extremely Talkative
Any of you guys tried one of these less than 20 quid. FC174D7F-B3BD-482A-B626-B129BF8299B1.jpeg

I was tempted a while ago, but then I remembered I had something I could already use and couldn't justify the purchase, although that doesn't stop me looking now and again. I'm sure someone here bought one and is equally happy with it.

Not tried one but it looks and sounds like it would do a good job.
Having a set of pocket bellows with it as well.....very handy.
Might pay to run over it with a file in places before use.....going by what is pointed out in the description :thumbsup:

A good clean and squirt of WD40 after use would help it along.

Well worth a punt:)

Here we go...…. :thumbsup:

May 10 2019

Ok, again as per instructions.....
1/boils bloody fast...like the old uranium trick!! Way faster than gas or Trangia, but you can get enough wood in there to compare with the centre of the sun, when lit!
2/will need pliers for the door gets hot, surprise, surprise, but focusses the heat well
3/ the Dremel allowed fitting of the bottom plate, but why would you?
4/ for £20 it's a doer, and I think I'll use this...... 👍
Right...piccies.....

Attachments

I knew someone had one! I did look the other day, but my googlefu was weak :oopsy: :rofl:
Thanks for digging it out lol. I'm looking again;)

:thumbsup: No worries

What I like, apart from it being cheap, was a larger firebox, and easy to feed whilst cooking. It's stable and packs away nicely, but a little bulkier than a honey stove. Comes with a bag. The bottom tray that I initially queried, keeps hot ash off the ground but also pushes more heat upwards.

Back