• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Cheeky solo overnighter

Bopdude

Extremely Addicted
Well Saturday saw me with a pass so off I went, solo this time, Rod was under orders ;) date night, whatever that is it wasn't to do with me :whistle::whistle::rofl: So, Brockwell here I am :)

Bed for the night was to be my DD superlite hammock, a diy cocoon and a down sleeping bag inside that.

IMG_20181103_144746.jpg

Bags were unpacked and provisions laid out

IMG_20181103_144729.jpg

A cheeky late lunch of burgers in flatbreads, washed down with a tinnie

IMG_20181103_152732.jpg

Can you guess what it is, no, not the tinnie ;)

IMG_20181103_144828.jpg

Fire was built and lit

IMG_20181103_160435.jpg

IMG_20181103_164326.jpg

Ready for first evening meal and the appearance of the mystery object, collapsible grill :D

IMG_20181103_164949.jpg

And then the second

IMG_20181103_184501.jpg

Before a comfy fireside seat and a tinnie with the odd Glenfiddich or 3

IMG_20181103_180722.jpg

Before an early night, around 20.30 saw me cocooned :)

IMG_20181103_172328.jpg

And there I stayed for 13 hours solid, not even a pee break.

Last edited:
Spot on :D bit jealous here:rofl::rofl:... nice set up mate:thumbsup:

A like the grill :thumbsup: ..... was looking at them the other day :cool:

Spot on :D bit jealous here:rofl::rofl:... nice set up mate:thumbsup:

A like the grill :thumbsup: ..... was looking at them the other day :cool:

They are a nice little grill, impressed with it :)

How was the chair ?

The chair is comfy, nice to sit in, getting out is a bit awkward as you're that low down, but worth it for a comfy seat imho. And sorry for the typo Tod ;)

Nice one Bop......good to see you out again.
The shelter and set up looks good.....and that little grill is a useful bit of kit.
That was some fire you had running.
How was the weather......inside that cocoon must have been snug.

Thanks for sharing mate.....good post and pictures.

Nice one Bop......good to see you out again.
The shelter and set up looks good.....and that little grill is a useful bit of kit.
That was some fire you had running.
How was the weather......inside that cocoon must have been snug.

Thanks for sharing mate.....good post and pictures.

Thanks mate, it was good to get out for a night, a 2 nighter is in the planning for this month as well :D The tarp was pitched lower at the back to cut down on the howling wind which eventually died down, the grill worked spot on one of my better buys I think. The fire was made up of wind blown, part used by others and the big log scavenged from near by. The cocoon was toastie warm, I was inside a down sleeping bag inside that only in socks, boxers and t shirt and I was sweating at points so had to unzip the bag, this caused the hood of the bag to move in m,y sleep so I woke a couple of times with cold shoulders and head, that is a problem with the cocoon bag not being long enough to come up under my head, no way around it either, which brings me to..................................kit, always looking at the Snugpak cocoon, think I'll hit the button today.

Just had a look on the Tube at a video demonstrating the Snugpack cocoon mate.....nice bit of kit.....hope it solves your issues.
Look forward to a write-up and some pictures when you try it out.....good luck on the next trip:thumbsup:

Back