• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Chest Packs/Rigs: Helikon-Tex Numbat

lol

Extremely Addicted
There are many You Tube reviews online, so I won't reiterate it all here: the thing seems well made and robust. Early days, but also seems comfortable and easy to use with a rucksack. There is a removeable section which includes a small map pocket, and most people apparently do remove this: I probably will also do this. It is held in by unneccessary and very complicated clips with velcro tab as well.
Also the front outside pockets are pretty useless and I would prefer one larger pocket across the front; it would be easier to get at things instead of fiddling just with your thumb and forefinger?
All stitching seemed neat and good, but mine arrived without the tensioning cord that allows the pack to open but at right angles, so everything doesn't fall out when worn. Ten minutes and I had this sorted with some paracord and a clip, to allow adjustment.
I was going to return it to Amazon because of this, but bearing in mind my delivery had gone through some amazing travel ( THREE Amazon outlets in USA!!) before it touched the Atlantic: I couldn't bring myself to go through that again!

PROs: General quality
Versatile
Comfortable
CONs: Quality control (PDI checking)
Marginal strap length
Expensive...more so on Amazon!!
-if I had to pay full price as listed (I had loads of gift vouchers!) I would probably give it a miss on price alone?
There are more expensive and cheaper variations out there, if the concept appeals.......

Back