• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Chilly January Solo Camp

Softie jacket & trousers might be an option Paul ? :)
The softie suits are great, they give you a bit of versatility, if you know it's going to be Baltic then a big bag is great but if you're not sure then a lighter bag and the suit give you options. Take a pair of big oversocks as well as cold trotters are a nuisance.

Have a play and see what works for you, it's half the fun. ;)

Ok slept well until 4:30 when I had to pee. It was -6C at that point. Didnt get much sleep after that since I was cold. NEED A BETTER BAG.
Up at 8 and did 3km walking around taking pics and video to warm up.
Had breaky and starting to break camp now at 11:00
This place is like Sauchihall St.
Between 10:00 and 11:00 I've been passed by: 8 runners, 29 walkers and 9 dogs. Soooo busy!
In the area north of the inlet there are multiple 'No Fires' signs.
Maybe a rethink is in order?
its a good job you tested your bag now and not in 2 weeks time ;).... the area you choose to use is NOT the area i plan on using for the exact reason,s you stated its far to busy with people and dog walkers ...not conducive to what we want to do .... im not going to post the location on the open forum as dont want every tom dick and harry turning up :rolleyes:... needless to say we still need to meet at the prearrange postcode/ location to get to the area me and gav located last time we were up there :)

Back