• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

City Trip Today!

Keith

Very Addicted
I have to go into the city. If everything goes okay I might be feeling a little better when I get back. Right now I feel like this...........
Cartoon_Jon_Mathrole_shared_REDUCED.jpg

Keith.

good luck Keith, I feel like that AFTER I've been to any large urban centre so I try to avoid it if I can.
wife's just recently come back from a trip to see family in Hampshire, I didn't go I think I would have gone crazy with all the people and the heavy traffic.

took her 5 hours in her car to get there and about 3 hours coming back,no thanks.

good luck Keith, I feel like that AFTER I've been to any large urban centre so I try to avoid it if I can.
wife's just recently come back from a trip to see family in Hampshire, I didn't go I think I would have gone crazy with all the people and the heavy traffic.
I felt like a well chewed piece of rope before I left home, then & had to go & have a scan. No ordinary scan this one!!! But I survived. Then we had to wait about 2 hours in the Dr's waiting room! The good thing is that I am back home again & all the pads, stickers & tubes have been removed. I realise that I won't be 100% for a while yet, but it is nice not to have tubes hanging out of me!
Keith.

yes I know what you mean, I was like that back in 95 when I had my gall bladder removed- major operation not the keyhole surgery they have these days, I was in hospital for 10-12 days then when I got home I was as weak as a little kitten, for about a week I could only manage about 4 steps/stairs outside my flat up to the road, but it gets/got better.

Take it slowly, Keith and learn from my experience. About 4 weeks after major surgery some years ago l decided to go for a short walk round the block - not really long enough to call a "walk". Half way round l realised l was struggling and didn't think l would make it home! Before the op l was used to walking quite long distances and not thinking about how far. Luckily l survived to become a member of this forum.
LW, you were unfortunate with your gall bladder op. My sister had keyhole surgery on hers in 1992.

I hope things start picking up a bit for you now Keith, its horrible when you're feeling under the weather, even worse when you have more tubes and wire sticking out of you then a lab rat.

Take it slowly, Keith and learn from my experience. About 4 weeks after major surgery some years ago l decided to go for a short walk round the block - not really long enough to call a "walk". Half way round l realised l was struggling and didn't think l would make it home! Before the op l was used to walking quite long distances and not thinking about how far. Luckily l survived to become a member of this forum.
LW, you were unfortunate with your gall bladder op. My sister had keyhole surgery on hers in 1992.
it was done as an emergency op Barbara, I was cut from chest to belly button and I've got the scar to prove it!:lol:

Last edited:
Back