• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Clas Ohlson

I just bought a frying pan or I would have had that one.

Do you have them in Britain too?
We have some in northern Germany, Schleswig Holstein and Hamburg I guess, but I know them from Scandinavia.

I found there the two handled Mora pushing knives for example.

A good shop in my opinion.

They have stores in the UK but have closed some down as they move more onto online shopping. Online shopping like Amazon are killing shops in our towns and cities :(

Do the big supermarkets in Germany do online shopping and deliver direct to you ?

I don't think so. Some offer similar services but even old ladies usually prefere to go out every day and carry the stuff home.

But we have in some areas dead smaller shops, in some areas every second small town is dead. The same problem they have in France, usually harder, because they allowed to build everywhere shops in front of the towns in areas looking a bit like industrial zones.
That we don't have so often in Germany, but where they had been so stupid to do it, the centres of small towns died.
The neighbour town, usually only a bit larger attracts than the clients who live in the villages around. One town becomes a fantastic rich shopping town, with lovely coffee shops and restaurants, the other next door falls down on the level of a large village.
In the end you have the idiots living in the dead large village and the rich intelligent ones in and around the lovely town. 40 years ago they had been nearly equal.

Very sad, but very interesting to see, how bad town management now a days can kill a town, even if it was 30 years ago an interrestic touristic attraction with middle agest buildings and everything what makes a town lovely.

Of couse in the end the inhabitants of the bad towns have to buy in the good town, but because they are jealous and angry about them selfes, that they voted for the wrong local party they buy in the end in the internet.

That is a problem everywhere in Europe in my opinion. The shop chaines kill the small ones, and if the inhabitants do not understand the problem, and fight back, the result is a desaster.

I know French and German small towns where from 100 shops in the centre are left perhaps 10 or 20. Everywhere uncleaned Windows with rubbish inside the former empty shops.
But they have 5 nice supermarkets outside!

The worst Example I know is Beziers in south west France, where 120 new chain shops in one building killed within 2 years round about 90% of the independent shops in the city centre. You surely could rent there immediately 500 shops in a new renovated old town.
Off course, now it's finished there with tourism and culture.

Yes, now a days they are governed by the "front nationale" , le Pen's party. But of course that will not help them anything.

That's the reason, why Macron wrote this letter yesterday. It's really fife to 12 in France.
And that means: It's fife to 12 for the European community.
What's a European Community without France? I guess, we would immediately start to organize a pangermanic community. Of course we would call it a Europe of two speeds, and take Finland with us.
And everybody knows, that this would solve the our problems. The others would probably fall back where they came from.

And some areas in Germany do not look better than the city of Beziers! Even in Baden Württemberg, Hessen, Nordrhein-Westfalen!

In Oberndorf, the small town where Heckler&Koch produces, 90% of the shops in the centre are empty! But Rottweil next door is one of the richest towns we have!
And its nit the fault of the government, Heckler&Koch payed all and every thing: Everywhere stainless steel benches, playing grounds, granit plated walking paths, restored historic buildings, a perfectly located car parking building, connected with a few steps to the old town centre, 80 m to walk perhaps.

They simply got a few large shops in front of the town. And now people drive there, to Rottweil and of course: They order in the internet.
Shop chaines and internet in combination are the black death of our times.
Why they don't have to pay more taxes, and the small shops less, what immediatly would repair the damages, you have to ask Mr Macron and Mrs Merkel.

In my opinion that is a really dangerous situation!
Should that continue, we surely will get a revolution in France and Germany, and I guess, it will not be made by the communists. In France the Front Nationale just has round about 30% of the votes.
Adolf Hitler didn't need more, to get the government in Germany.

But I expect simply nationalistic governments, which more or less will work fine with each other. What they call now a days "extreme" we called moderate 50 years ago....

I don't think so. Some offer similar services but even old ladies usually prefere to go out every day and carry the stuff home.

But we have in some areas dead smaller shops, in some areas every second small town is dead. The same problem they have in France, usually harder, because they allowed to build everywhere shops in front of the towns in areas looking a bit like industrial zones.
That we don't have so often in Germany, but where they had been so stupid to do it, the centres of small towns died.
The neighbour town, usually only a bit larger attracts than the clients who live in the villages around. One town becomes a fantastic rich shopping town, with lovely coffee shops and restaurants, the other next door falls down on the level of a large village.
In the end you have the idiots living in the dead large village and the rich intelligent ones in and around the lovely town. 40 years ago they had been nearly equal.

Very sad, but very interesting to see, how bad town management now a days can kill a town, even if it was 30 years ago an interrestic touristic attraction with middle agest buildings and everything what makes a town lovely.

Of couse in the end the inhabitants of the bad towns have to buy in the good town, but because they are jealous and angry about them selfes, that they voted for the wrong local party they buy in the end in the internet.

That is a problem everywhere in Europe in my opinion. The shop chaines kill the small ones, and if the inhabitants do not understand the problem, and fight back, the result is a desaster.

I know French and German small towns where from 100 shops in the centre are left perhaps 10 or 20. Everywhere uncleaned Windows with rubbish inside the former empty shops.
But they have 5 nice supermarkets outside!

The worst Example I know is Beziers in south west France, where 120 new chain shops in one building killed within 2 years round about 90% of the independent shops in the city centre. You surely could rent there immediately 500 shops in a new renovated old town.
Off course, now it's finished there with tourism and culture.

Yes, now a days they are governed by the "front nationale" , le Pen's party. But of course that will not help them anything.

That's the reason, why Macron wrote this letter yesterday. It's really fife to 12 in France.
And that means: It's fife to 12 for the European community.
What's a European Community without France? I guess, we would immediately start to organize a pangermanic community. Of course we would call it a Europe of two speeds, and take Finland with us.
And everybody knows, that this would solve the our problems. The others would probably fall back where they came from.

And some areas in Germany do not look better than the city of Beziers! Even in Baden Württemberg, Hessen, Nordrhein-Westfalen!

In Oberndorf, the small town where Heckler&Koch produces, 90% of the shops in the centre are empty! But Rottweil next door is one of the richest towns we have!
And its nit the fault of the government, Heckler&Koch payed all and every thing: Everywhere stainless steel benches, playing grounds, granit plated walking paths, restored historic buildings, a perfectly located car parking building, connected with a few steps to the old town centre, 80 m to walk perhaps.

They simply got a few large shops in front of the town. And now people drive there, to Rottweil and of course: They order in the internet.
Shop chaines and internet in combination are the black death of our times.
Why they don't have to pay more taxes, and the small shops less, what immediatly would repair the damages, you have to ask Mr Macron and Mrs Merkel.

In my opinion that is a really dangerous situation!
Should that continue, we surely will get a revolution in France and Germany, and I guess, it will not be made by the communists. In France the Front Nationale just has round about 30% of the votes.
Adolf Hitler didn't need more, to get the government in Germany.

But I expect simply nationalistic governments, which more or less will work fine with each other. What they call now a days "extreme" we called moderate 50 years ago....
Sad but true, our town planners have let us down over the years but having met a few of them I can understand why. The town councils and county councils of Wales are rife with nepotism and dishonesty.

Yes, of course.
The mayor of Beziers for example left the town immediately after the new shopping centre was opened, and never was seen again.

I can understand it of course. They probably would kill him. And there are enough nice towns in France which nobody destroyed where he can spend all the money he earned with that deal...

Back