• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Clean up....

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Not sure if this is technically a Gadget but it's something that might replace kit normally carried. I found this item while nosing around on another forum and it may be that folks here already know about it, but for me it is now a replacement for stuff I usually carry whether simply camped in the wood or on a walk-about. No connection at all, just a customer.

Basically they are a kind of super compressed wet wipe type fabric, except they are dry and extremely light in weight. £1 coin for scale.
DSCF5078.jpg

For demo purposes I dripped a few teaspoonsful of cold water on the tablet, waited a few seconds for it to swell/soften and then simply unfolded it.
DSCF5080.jpg

DSCF5081.jpg

The fabric reminds me of a cross between a wet wipe and those things called 'J cloths' and if necessary a few drops of something like Dettol can be added to the water and you have a fair sized antiseptic Medi wipe type piece of fabric.

DSCF5082.jpg

For me, a small pack of these 'tablets' replace toilet paper, kitchen roll, wet wipes and antiseptic wipes in my kit now. After wetting them to activate them, they can be squeezed dry and even left laid flat for a few minutes to dry completely if required.

And they are surprisingly tough, you couldn't do this with soaked toilet paper.............
DSCF5083.jpg

Available in different size packs, I get the 50 packs that contain a plastic carry tube.
DSCF5079.jpg

Not sure if this is technically a Gadget but it's something that might replace kit normally carried. I found this item while nosing around on another forum and it may be that folks here already know about it, but for me it is now a replacement for stuff I usually carry whether simply camped in the wood or on a walk-about. No connection at all, just a customer.

Basically they are a kind of super compressed wet wipe type fabric, except they are dry and extremely light in weight. £1 coin for scale.
DSCF5078.jpg

For demo purposes I dripped a few teaspoonsful of cold water on the tablet, waited a few seconds for it to swell/soften and then simply unfolded it.
DSCF5080.jpg

DSCF5081.jpg

The fabric reminds me of a cross between a wet wipe and those things called 'J cloths' and if necessary a few drops of something like Dettol can be added to the water and you have a fair sized antiseptic Medi wipe type piece of fabric.

DSCF5082.jpg

For me, a small pack of these 'tablets' replace toilet paper, kitchen roll, wet wipes and antiseptic wipes in my kit now. After wetting them to activate them, they can be squeezed dry and even left laid flat for a few minutes to dry completely if required.

And they are surprisingly tough, you couldn't do this with soaked toilet paper.............
DSCF5083.jpg

Available in different size packs, I get the 50 packs that contain a plastic carry tube.
DSCF5079.jpg
Looks like a useful addition to your kit

Good find, funny enough one of the granddaughters bought one of them over to the house last night, wasn't as tough as yours though.

Hi Sax.

Thanks for taking the times to share with us........I have not seen them before to honest.
But can see they would be a great addition to the kit and will more than likely buy some:thumbsup:

Cheers mate.....nice find :)

Nice to be able to get cleaned up properly in the field. A good find....I shall try to get some. Thank you.

Nice to be able to get cleaned up properly in the field. A good find....I shall try to get some. Thank you.

You're welcome. I find them really useful, multi purpose and so easy to carry a good supply, makes them especially suitable for camping, trekking etc: :)

I do a fair amount of hunting small game for food and it is a real luxury to be able to clean up properly after skinning bunnies. Even after washing the smell lingers

Back