• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Climbing Beinn Ghlas and Ben Lawers

MildredsSmurf

Extremely Talkative
I arrived at the Ben Lawers car park about 2 pm and was amazed at the dozens of people who were coming off the hills and going the opposite way from me. As I approached Beinn Ghlas, I realised that they had maybe been a bit more diligent in checking the weather forecast. :whistle:

It was grim in the cloud, I was soaking and there was rain, sleet and hailstones. At least the path was good and that made navigation in poor visibility easy. When I finally descended below the cloud on Ben Lawers, I was treated to a light show that made me stand and watch for quite some time - it was braw :)

Despite it being June, up in these mountains, the four seasons are active and constantly changing from minute to minute...

Ooft. A tad breezy eh? Some fantastic scenery accented by the sun shining in patches through the cloud cover. Great stuff. :)

Ooft. A tad breezy eh? Some fantastic scenery accented by the sun shining in patches through the cloud cover. Great stuff. :)
Thanks G1Zmo, I came off the hill soaking wet but well happy to have seen the cloud part to see some scenery.

Nice wee vid that :thumbsup: Not the best of weather right enough lol. Still it looked cracking :D nice one buddy

Looked like it would blow the hair right af a dug up there :lol:

Back