• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Coffee and catapults.

elsenham177

Slightly Addicted
20211018_112820.jpg
20211018_112324.jpg

Plans changed for this morning. So I went out for a walk around the woods in my area. Stopped for a brew and a few shots at an old empty 12 bore cartridge with a couple of my catapults.

A forgotten skill for nippers these days. I took someone else's advice and use Mint Imperial sweets. They are cheaper than steel balls and they are biodegradable too. :thumbsup:

A forgotten skill for nippers these days. I took someone else's advice and use Mint Imperial sweets. They are cheaper than steel balls and they are biodegradable too. :thumbsup:
Same … aniseed balls too , they are generally a little smaller ….

It is soooo difficult to get proper square black rubber now. I did manage to make on with a leather sling a couple of years ago though...to remind me of childhood.....never went out without a catapult, good for annoying small crocs when out fishing for tilapia, tsk...........

Love a plink …..
What makes is the black one ?
It's a simple shot jelly bean from America. I don't think it's part of there range anymore. They make some great catapults. But as I found out it's best to buy from UK importer not direct from the USA website as I had to pay extra customs taxes .

Mint Imperials no good.......coz I eat them
Stones..........can't chew those, so shoot them!!!

Back