• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Coleman Darwin 2 plus

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
A was looking at tents for next year and came across this one. Cracking looking so it is. Just the dwelling am after ;) The tent in the vide is the Darwin 3 plus. The 2 is obviously smaller lol.

What’s the thoughts guys/girls ??

@1 shot willie
Just watched a video on YouTube lol
The gobi dose look easier and quicker to put up right enough.....mmm a do like the system better than the Coleman..... and there looks to be more headroom than the Coleman....

It might be worth a look Mark........really enjoy mine :thumbsup:

Good review here from Mindwiseman.....worth a watch :)

It might be worth a look Mark........really enjoy mine :thumbsup:

Good review here from Mindwiseman.....worth a watch :)

Plenty of room she said :D Sharon likes that one also bill.... how solid is the push down mechanism mate....any sign of slackening ? That’s the only thing am worried about lol. I know where I am with tent poles..... it looks easier than the Coleman and more sturdier also....

The mech is solid Mark...... Not had any problems with it.
Was only a thought for you mate :) 👍

A will be taking it with me on February buddy. Hopefully a will get a few practice runs before that right enough. Thinking on taking the carp bed with me also. Looks like there’s plenty of room for it :thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan Mucker :thumbsup:

When I first had mine I did exactly the same Mark :)

Worth paying attention to the videos on how to take down and pack away.......I had a few practices.
When you order go direct to "Slumit".....I think they offer a further discount:thumbsup:
Very worth ordering the footprint at the same time.....its made to the shape of the tent and helps to protect the bottom..... and also extends into the vestibule area.
The carry bag is well made and has a good zip....... and is a sensible size.

Look forward to your thoughts and a few pictures to :):thumbsup:

Will do buddy....kids would love the tent in the back garden lol could end up spending the night out there lol. Good shout on the footprint. Makes sense bill.

Just had a look at the summit website. the footprint is down in price :thumbsup:

Well that's a result mate 👍

I keep my footprint folded and stowed on the outside of the tents bag......the two buckle straps hold it in place neatly and secure.......never forget to take it then :thumbsup:
You may want to change the pegs for some heavier duty ones as I did Mark.

Im sure"Daddys little helpers" are going to enjoy it :rofl::thumbsup:

Back