• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Cometa Indian?

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone any experience of the Cometa Indian .177 air pistol. I was looking at one today and it looked quite nice for the money (around £60ish)
It may be a little rough around the edges but it is supposed to be around the full 6fpe so I fancied one for clearing the squirrel traps, if anyone has any knowledge of them I'd like to know if they're up to the job?

Never heard of it ystranc. So I had a look on google mate. There seems to be a recurring comment on the rear sight being difficult to make out. Anyway mate what is wrong with having a new pistol;) a say buy it :D

The rear sight is very similar to the BSA 240, just very simple and cheap, no elevation screw but it can be adjusted. The rest of the pistol reminds me of the webley tempest (except for the cocking lever) It feels nice to hold but I wasn't able to shoot it so I've no idea what it feels like or if it's up to dispatching at close range.
The BSA is definitely not up to it, even at close range.

I honestly don't think any Air pistol is suitable for dispatching anything, not at 6ft-lbs energy. You'd be better off carrying a "priest".

i use a sheridan pump up pistol, it goes up to 8 pumps which gives it enough power to dispatch squirrels caught in a live catch trap which is easier than using a rifle.

I have never checked the power, it states 460fps on the box with 8 pumps. i only use 3 /4 for plinking and put in the full amount when dispatching vermin in live catch traps , which it does without any problems. the model name and number is Benjamin HB22 they also do a co2 model as well.

Back