• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Condensation

I have recently heard of someone making a snood from a micro fibre towel to catch condensation when in arctic cold conditions ......

I'd imagine any piece of cotton could do the job given its qualities absorbing moisture. 👍

In arctic conditions people breath through an elephants trunk to get a bit warmer air.

I don't really see the problem to shake some ice of the tent in the morning.

Reactions: Baz
My dad use to light a couple of candles in the shed at winter times (believe he still dose ) for the same reason.....rather dangerous in a tent and ni impossible in a hammock right enough.
UCO candle lamps? Use them all the time in my lavvu, with 8-10hr tealight candles...just enough to stop me tripping over stuff should I awake in the night.

In arctic conditions people breath through an elephants trunk to get a bit warmer air.

I don't really see the problem to shake some ice of the tent in the morning.

True that, I don't mind either 😂

Attachments

• FB_IMG_15480917163278011.jpg
    FB_IMG_15480917163278011.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 73
I'm sure most of us don't mind shaking a bit of ice from our tent or tarps , the OP was asking for tips to reduce the condensation . For my part my response was in connection to a recent experience in my hammock . I can live with a bit of condensation from my breathing but tips to help reduce it can only be a good idea .......:ninja:;)

Back