• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Conversation idea ?

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
I’m mulling over tents, fishing bivvys and stoves…. So my idea is to use the fishing bivvy and convert it into a hot tent…. Any ideas would be appreciated, tho it’s just a thought at present but that thought could progress very quickly if I want and could do it lol…

Suppose sewing a stove jack into the bivvy would sort the problem out however I’m not wanting to compromise the tents waterproofing… space wouldn’t really be an issue as the bivvy I’m looking at has plenty of room for all my gear and bed with space for a large seat …. Don’t need a seat so there’s plenty room for a small to medium stove…

The method to my madness is I would be able to use the bivvy for summer and winter fishing and winter camping close to the car so weight isn’t an issue…. Well that’s the idea anyway lol

The log burners are definitely more soulful mate.....are you leaning towards any particular one?

funny you mention this as a couple moons ago i had the same idea :eek:

my plan was to buy a 2 man carp bivi like this Fox R-Series 2 Man XL Khaki Bivvy

then sacrifice one of the front windows with fitting one of these Tent Flashing Kit for Frontier or Outbacker Stove.

then get wood burning stove of choice and use 1 x 45 Degree Pipe 2.1" - WinnerWell to get flue through the stove jack and up and away from the bivi :cool:

not that ive given it much thought :rofl:

*** other bivis are available at cheaper costs ***

Last edited:
funny you mention this as a couple moons ago i had the same idea :eek:

my plan was to buy a 2 man carp bivi like this Fox R-Series 2 Man XL Khaki Bivvy

then sacrifice one of the front windows with fitting one of these Tent Flashing Kit for Frontier or Outbacker Stove.

then get wood burning stove of choice and use 1 x 45 Degree Pipe 2.1" - WinnerWell to get flue through the stove jack and up and away from the bivi :cool:

not that ive given it much thought :rofl:

Nice one mat 😁 also the bivvy of choice 👍🏻 Tho the one I want is 1 man not the 2 man

Nice one mat 😁 also the bivvy of choice 👍🏻 Tho the one I want is 1 man not the 2 man
go for the 2 man as you can never have to much room :) i found the 1 man to small when i had my bed chair in and bits of kit so took it back and changed it for the two man :thumbsup: and then a few months latter sold it :rofl:... but looking at other options at the moment

Did say to you mark that the f1 french army tent looks exactly like the new polmoly 70 chalet hot tent,still thinking of converting my f1 canvas tent.....but if you want to go ahead and do it....YOU HAVE A F1 TENT....or have the moths ate it😁

Did say to you mark that the f1 french army tent looks exactly like the new polmoly 70 chalet hot tent,still thinking of converting my f1 canvas tent.....but if you want to go ahead and do it....YOU HAVE A F1 TENT....or have the moths ate it😁
Can’t use the f1 when fishing mate 👎
Actually had the tent out the storage box the other day when I was looking for something lol seems to be ok , still haven’t put it up tho 😂

Back